Kubota or Mahindra

/ Kubota or Mahindra #1  

dar in nevada

Tractor
MAHINDRA 2615HST
Deciding on a tractor its between Kubota B7800 and the mahindra 2615.
Kubota is moe expencive about 3 grand and I feel a little cramped in the seat.Anybody else feel that way. kubota is more known and been around a long time.The Mahindra fits me alot better more leg room less expencive but havent heard as much about them. Both dealers seem very good and would provide good service.Both have the same options I like 4x4,fel,bh,.So Im looking for your opinions to help my decision.
thanks,Dar

ps.Im new to posting on this site but have been reading awhile. Great site.

/ Kubota or Mahindra #2  
When I was deciding between John Deere, Kubota, Mahindra and Kioti I visited all 4 dealershops, at the John Deere dealership I could never get any help so I left. Mahindra and Kioti dealers was too far away. So I went local with Kubota. If I had a Mahindra dealer closer I would probably be driving one of those.

/ Kubota or Mahindra #3  
I began my treck for a new tractor while searching for a lawn mower. Saw a Mahindra 2615 and fell in love. After a great deal of evaluation of Mahindras and others, I decided to go with a Kubota. My thought is that this is a long-term purchase and long-term parts availability is important. Resale value is too and Kubota definately wins there.

Those were my thoughts.The Mahindra is a nice tractor, I really liked the TLB combination. My recommendation is to evaluate all, consider long-term ownership issues, look at the Kubota L series, but... Most of all, get what you want. This is a big purchase and you need to be happy with it.

Evaluator...

/ Kubota or Mahindra #4  
dar in nevada said:
Deciding on a tractor its between Kubota B7800 and the mahindra 2615.
Kubota is moe expencive about 3 grand and I feel a little cramped in the seat.Anybody else feel that way. kubota is more known and been around a long time.The Mahindra fits me alot better more leg room less expencive but havent heard as much about them. Both dealers seem very good and would provide good service.Both have the same options I like 4x4,fel,bh,.So Im looking for your opinions to help my decision.
thanks,Dar

ps.Im new to posting on this site but have been reading awhile. Great site.
I'm surprised you feel cramped on the B7800. I thought it was pretty roomy compared to some of the other models but then I am not very big either

/ Kubota or Mahindra #5  
I don't know enough about the Mahindra tractors to say. I can tell you that after 9 years of owning a Kubota they are a great machine. I've always been one to spend more on "good" tools up front and the older I get the more I feel this way. The Kubota I have now will outlast me and hopefully that is still many years away.

Kevin

/ Kubota or Mahindra #6  
I considered the mahindra because of looks and pricing.The dealer is about 70 miles from me and that was a negative because there are three Kubota dealers 45 minutes or less.Everybody or their brother has one around here.

/ Kubota or Mahindra #7  
On may 1st (my birthday) 2000 i purchased my first new kubota after years of running internationals. a B7500 hsd w/302 fel. For six seasons we worked that machine like a mule, blowing snow,installing loam,mulch, stonedust,gravel,hogging brush,aerating,planting trees too heavy for the fel. When the motor blew in the bobcat, the kubota pulled double duty! In october of 2005 i purchased a B3030 HSDC w/ 403 fel. The B7500 was such a good machine, there was never any question, when we were ready for a bigger machine, it would be another kubota!

/ Kubota or Mahindra
Thanks for all your info its a tough choice.I think Ill go drive them both again then choose. Ill let you know which will be deliverd thanks again.
Dar

/ Kubota or Mahindra #9  
Specifications on tractors do not seem to tell the whole story. I looked at the 2614 on paper and it seemed to be a strong contender for me. I saw it in person and the machine I drove had trouble with the loader dumping, but it was othersiew a fine machine, It was not quite as well finsihed as a MF or Kubota, but with a little mud on it, the differences would not be noticeable. I decided that this was one of those subjective elements: finish and operational issues would bother some folks and not others. While I like much about the Mahindras I bout a Kubota, but this is one of those decisions where you have to look and see the tractor and decide what works for your situation. Mahindra is clearly a quality machine, so is Kubota and MF ... personal pereferance, dealer service, etc.... are important factors. There is no clear BEST it is only what works and seems best to you

/ Kubota or Mahindra #10  
Specifications on tractors do not seem to tell the whole story. I looked at the 2615 on paper and it seemed to be a strong contender for me. I saw it in person and the machine I drove had trouble with the loader dumping, but it was othersiew a fine machine, It was not quite as well finsihed as a MF or Kubota, but with a little mud on it, the differences would not be noticeable. I decided that this was one of those subjective elements: finish and operational issues would bother some folks and not others. While I like much about the Mahindras I bout a Kubota, but this is one of those decisions where you have to look and see the tractor and decide what works for your situation. Mahindra is clearly a quality machine, so is Kubota and MF ... personal pereferance, dealer service, etc.... are important factors. There is no clear BEST it is only what works and seems best to you