BX2350 Lights on Rops - FEL work at night

/ BX2350 Lights on Rops - FEL work at night #1  

Musclford

Silver Member
Tractor
BX2350
Well, I understand what everyone means about using the BX with FEL at night...

Difficult to see at all times, so I'm ready to add some lights.

Any Suggs? Doesn't the BX have a true alternator, instead of a generator??

I thought I had read somewhere that they upgraded the BX2350 from the BX22** so you could add more lights without upgrading the alternator?

I was thinking of adding some of the little Fog lights you can buy at Autozone / Wal-mart.....

Thanks!

Phil

/ BX2350 Lights on Rops - FEL work at night #2  
Yup, the BX2350 and BX24 now have the full alternator as standard equipment. I added 4 lights to the ROPS, 2 facinf forward, 2 back. I attached them using stake pockets I bought at Tractor supply and a little foam between them and the ROPS. no drilling. I posted it as a project here some time back...a decent search might find it. Also follow the link in my signature for a couple pics. I would recommend that you use the fogs only facing back, theres a lot of glare from them if you face them forward. I used regular trapezoids I bought from TSC for forward. Tied them to switches I mounted in a watertight box that I attached to the rops where the hazard triangle goes...used some wiring mold to cover the wires. Works Great!!! :)

/ BX2350 Lights on Rops - FEL work at night #3  
Isn't there an actual electrical tap somewhere in the rear to hook the lights onto - meaning pre-wired to somewhere near the seat for ROPS lights?

/ BX2350 Lights on Rops - FEL work at night #4  
Musclford said:
Well, I understand what everyone means about using the BX with FEL at night...
Difficult to see at all times, so I'm ready to add some lights.
Any Suggs? Doesn't the BX have a true alternator, instead of a generator??
I thought I had read somewhere that they upgraded the BX2350 from the BX22** so you could add more lights without upgrading the alternator?
I was thinking of adding some of the little Fog lights you can buy at Autozone / Wal-mart.....
Thanks!
Phil

Hey Phil,

Try this:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-removeable-lights.html?highlight=rops+lights

I bought a two pack of the lights at Harbor Freight for $7.99 along with the two magnets for $5.99 each. I had three 20% off coupons so the girl at the counter did three separate purchases. I would say for under $20 it solved my problem. Only thing I see as an issue is that if you're not careful the magnets will mark up the paint on the tractor. My solution? I don't mount them to anything I don't want marked up. :)

Here's a link to the lights:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-removeable-lights.html?highlight=rops+lights

On a B7610 there is a wire under the seat to connect the lights. From what I've heard the BX models have a similar connector. The nice part about the magnetic lights is that you can mount them just about anywhere. I have yet to have one fall off while working. I plan on using them for snowblowing. They definitely light up the night! And the price is right.

Good luck!
Keith
Kubota B7610

/ BX2350 Lights on Rops - FEL work at night #5  
is this the same on an 1850 ?

/ BX2350 Lights on Rops - FEL work at night
Stoweski said:
Hey Phil,

Try this:

I bought a two pack of the lights at Harbor Freight for $7.99 along with the two magnets for $5.99 each. I had three 20% off coupons so the girl at the counter did three separate purchases. I would say for under $20 it solved my problem. Only thing I see as an issue is that if you're not careful the magnets will mark up the paint on the tractor. My solution? I don't mount them to anything I don't want marked up. :)

Here's a link to the lights:

On a B7610 there is a wire under the seat to connect the lights. From what I've heard the BX models have a similar connector. The nice part about the magnetic lights is that you can mount them just about anywhere. I have yet to have one fall off while working. I plan on using them for snowblowing. They definitely light up the night! And the price is right.

Good luck!
Keith
Kubota B7610

Outstanding... That's what I'm doing.. I'll just put a light coat of felt on the magnet....

I love the versatility.. Good Job and thanks for sharing.. I'll post my results soon!!

/ BX2350 Lights on Rops - FEL work at night #7  
Yup, there's an electrical hookup right under the seat at the back of the tractor. It's taped up with electrical tape to some flexible conduit, so it's hard to see, but it's there...dead center next to the frame support. If you need, let me know, and I'll take a pic of it. I tapped into it for my lights.

/ BX2350 Lights on Rops - FEL work at night #8  
What are the thoughts on using the connect under the seat vs the cigarette lighter for powering some of these magnetic ROPS lights built from HF parts... that I must put together...
Benefits vs drawbacks to either approach I see are:
Under seat is out of the way wiring - but potentially not as removable when the ROPS goes down and the lights come off. The lighter approach is a quicker disconnect - but wires will be more likely to find their way under foot...

/ BX2350 Lights on Rops - FEL work at night #9  
Another handy light ... police style spot with flood bulb :)

Attachments

• BX_spotlight.jpeg
    BX_spotlight.jpeg
    30 KB · Views: 1,140
   / BX2350 Lights on Rops - FEL work at night #10  
I used the under seat wiring on my 2350 and mounted the lights to the ROPS using similar magnets from Northern Tool. I wired a 4 prong trailer harness (only using two wires of course) inline with the lights. Out of the way and still a quick disconnect.