rear remote fitting?

/ rear remote fitting? #1  

grasshopper

Tractor
wd-45
I just purchased an L5030, and would like to run an old hydraulic cylinder off of the rear remote. This tractor has snaptite 72 fittings. When I get ready to make up new hoses what is compatable?, and where is the best place to order them from? Thanks in advance... Grasshopper

/ rear remote fitting?
Sorry, just checked again loader says snaptite, rear remote has PARKER 9006-001 females on it. Is this compatable with Pioneer fittings?

/ rear remote fitting? #3  
I use Pioneer 8010-4 fittings from Tractor Supply. These are male ½ inch… This is on my L4200, so it will be the same on your L5030. KennyV.

/ rear remote fitting? #4  
Nearly all newer tractors now used standard sized rear hydraulic couplers. I am not familar with any tractor manufacture not using them, but I may be wrong. "Pioneer" is the product which most people are familar with for the standard. Other companies also make the standard couplers - Parker etc.
TSC and other farm stores will have the Pioneer couplers in stock and are a good source. Most commonly the couplers use pipe thread standard but there are also O-ring and other possibilities.
TSC and other farm stores will also be your cheapest source for hoses as well. Many hydraulic stores can make them as well with nearly any length or fittings on the ends but probably at more than double the price. At the farm stores the hoses will typically all be pipe thread on the ends but can be in 1/2", 3/8" or 1/4" diameter. They will often have adapters for the smaller hoses to mate to the 1/2" pioneer couplers. 1/2" hose is ok, but usually larger diameter than needed for the hydraulic flow of CUT.
The pipe thread fitting will need teflon tape or some other sealant to prevent leaking. O-ring and compression fittings don't require any.

/ rear remote fitting? #5  
Grasshopper, if you are still around, did you ever confirm what's compatible with these Parker 9006-001 couplers? And how they work? The ones supplied with my rear remote kit for my L4330 are marked "Parker 9006-001 YY". The male ends that Kubota supplies to match these are marked "Pioneer 8010-4" and if you go to the Parker website, you find Pioneer couplers, so I assume that Parker and Pioneer are synonymous. There is no trace of the 9006-001 part number on the website.

I'd like to know if these are considered to be a breakaway design, if they are supposed to be just push/pull to connect/disconnect, and if they are supposed to be "connect/disconnect under pressure". The collars on the female couplers have a VERY strong spring. So strong that I just barely can retract it by hand.

Same questions as here - http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...r-pressure-breakaway-quick-2.html#post4558173