Kubota Orange Paint?

/ Kubota Orange Paint? #1  

proudestmonkey

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2230
I did do a search on this, but came up with nada (old threads links don't work for me).

So, I bought a King Kutter Rear Blade. If I keep it I want to paint it to match my Kubota. What's a good cheap solution? I noticed Tractor Supply Company sells a can of spray paint that looks alot like Kubota orange, but it is $8/can. I figure I am going to need quite a bit of paint to do the whole blade.

Thanks for any suggestions.

/ Kubota Orange Paint? #3  
I have a BX-22 and added chain hooks to the bucket and needed touch-up paint. Tried a few types of paint as listed in this forum but finally found a perfect match at Walmart, XO Rust, XO-27 Orange #527242. I posted this in an earlier thread but I couldn't find it after many tries. I'm not too sure but it looks like the newer Bota's have a slightly different color than the older ones. Could just be my eyesight or the paint fading.

/ Kubota Orange Paint?
Plowboy-Lurch said:
I have a BX-22 and added chain hooks to the bucket and needed touch-up paint. Tried a few types of paint as listed in this forum but finally found a perfect match at Walmart, XO Rust, XO-27 Orange #527242. I posted this in an earlier thread but I couldn't find it after many tries. I'm not too sure but it looks like the newer Bota's have a slightly different color than the older ones. Could just be my eyesight or the paint fading.

Ha, I think I remember that thread. In fact, when I did a search for "orange paint" on the forum last night, it linked to a thread that then linked back, I think, to your thread, but the old thread link just sent me back to the main forum page (I wonder if they tossed some of the old threads when the converted to the new servers?).

Anyway, thanks for re-posting the information. Can you tell me how much you paid per can? I have a feeling its going to take a lot of paint. I am also wondering if a brush-on would work better.

/ Kubota Orange Paint? #5  
Personally if it were me I would go with automotive paint on something that big if you want it to look like a pro job. Take something off your tractor like the Fell support and have it color matched. Buy a couple of quarts, reducer, and hardener. Go sneak your wifes Pyrex out of the house and mix it up and throw it in a gun from wally world and pull the trigger, But thats me

/ Kubota Orange Paint? #6  
Go to the "Wally Mart" automotive section....Look for "Chevy Orange" Engine Paint (I believe that Dupli-Color makes it...spray can) I have used it to touch up my BX and it is a PERFECT match. Got this info some time ago on an old thread.

/ Kubota Orange Paint? #7  
Just a observation about Chevy engine orange spray paint. It comes in more than one shade. Dupli-Color #1620 is the one that matches the BX23 pretty well. Kubota has two colors of orange spray paint and both are a poor match.

/ Kubota Orange Paint? #8  
I can't recall the price but I am thinking around $3 per can. I used one can and it didn't go too far as I used it to touch up some scrapes and scratches on my bucket as well as my backhoe. I did try the Chevy engine red from Wally World and I remember it as being too reddish. Could have been the wrong can per the previous post. Regards

/ Kubota Orange Paint? #9  
The Wally-World orange Dupli-Color #1620 matches my BX2230 pretty darn close. The spray bottle's cap has more red than the paint actually does. I paid $3.64 per can. I touched up the worn spots on my bucket and it looks great.

/ Kubota Orange Paint? #10  
My dealer carries the actual, honest to goodness, Kubota brand orange and grey paints that seem to be a very good match, though Ken seems to have had a different experience. The orange may be a hair bright. You can buy by the quart if you have a gun, but you can also buy in cans, albeit at a dear $10 per.

I recently painted a Cub-Scouts rain-gutter sailboat for a friend's boy with Kubota Orange. I will say that it is a VERY HIGH QUALITY paint that is more of a "professional paint in a can" rather than an expensive Krylon. It went on very thick with exceptional coverage, no runs despite a heavy coat, and dried to a VERY high gloss and can be buffed/polished when dry.

For hosing down a bucket or something, the cheaper paints are probably fine. For painting an implement and having it look like a factory job, I'd go with the Kubota paint. The part number from the front of the can for the Orange is 70000-73710 and for the ROPS Grey is 70000-73806.