Front tire flats

/ Front tire flats #1  

PondCreekFarm

Tractor
Kubota L3130
I seem to notice I get a lot of flat tires on my L3130 (R1 4x4). My father in law suggests that green slime product, but I have no experience with it. Is this adviseable or are there better alternatives?

/ Front tire flats #2  
In my personal opinion, having the tires foam filled would be first choice, but that was too expensive for me, so slime is a good second choice.:D

/ Front tire flats #3  
What is causing the flats? I live in an area covered with locust trees and I've only had one flat and that was from driving the tire off the rim because the load in the bucket was too heavy and I turned too sharply going down hill. But no punctures.

/ Front tire flats #4  
PondCreekFarm said:
I seem to notice I get a lot of flat tires on my L3130 (R1 4x4). My father in law suggests that green slime product, but I have no experience with it. Is this adviseable or are there better alternatives?

Ive been told that if that stuff is used in a tire..and you need a repair patch vulcanized inside the tire...GOOD LUCK.. It wont "stick" worth a D***!!!

/ Front tire flats
N80 said:
What is causing the flats? I live in an area covered with locust trees and I've only had one flat and that was from driving the tire off the rim because the load in the bucket was too heavy and I turned too sharply going down hill. But no punctures.

I have a lot of small trees that have been cut off by the power company in an easement. I think, although I am uncertain, that these may be the culprit. I have also knocked the tire off turning too sharply, but only better driving can fix that. :)

/ Front tire flats #6  
N80 said:

I've had my front tire go flat a half-dozen times in the past couple of months. I use it as a loading gauge for my FEL. If the front tires go flat, whatever I'm picking up is too heavy ;).

Jay

/ Front tire flats #8  
I have had slime in the front tires of my L3010 for over a year, no more flats. I also use it in the tires of my two JD lawn tractors which all kept slow leaks. I first used it in my oldest JD (LX178) over four years ago and have yet to add air since. I am convinced it works. I did roll it down the side of a mountain once (thats all you really want to do of that). Tore the hood off but the tires still hold air and it runs great. I love Kubotas and Deeres...

/ Front tire flats #9  
I have been plagued by "slow" leaking front tires on my BX24. It is difficult to detect because of the low profile and without any front end load shows a very small amount of deformation. With only 65 hrs and light duty yard work, I did not expect a flat on "both" front tires. The back ones are fine and have never added air. After removing the front tires and filling them with the specified 22 psi I laid them flat and poured a soapy-water solution around the bead, surface of the tread, and valve stem. Both tires experienced an amount of 1-2 bubbles every 10 seconds from the base of the valve stem. I did not see any bubbles anywhere else on the tire. It appears that these are bad valve stems, paint build-up, or something wedged between the hole in the rim and the valve stem. I squeezed a bit of liquid sealant around the stem-rim interface and stopped the leak on one tire, but the other one has re-appeared after about 2 weeks.

When time permits I should put in new valve stems, but that requires the removal of the tire from the rim. I'll push my dealer to repair them for free or under warranty with the seat recall and service next week.

/ Front tire flats #10