FEL Down Pressure Problem

/ FEL Down Pressure Problem #1  

truenewfie

I am a new owner of a B7800 and started to use the FEL a little more every day. I just noticed what I think is a problem. When I move the FEL control into the down position, the control sticks and there is very little or no down pressure.

If I gently move the control toward the down position there is down pressure but as soon as it moves into to full down position the control sticks and looses pressure.

Any ideas?

/ FEL Down Pressure Problem #2  
That's the float position. If you push the control stick all the way forward through the perceived indent, it's in float. Down pressure on the bucket can only be acheived before the indent. Every Kubota I've had are all the same. Even my present M9000 is set up that way.

In a nutshell, nothing is wrong. That is the way it's designed. It allows you to "float" the bucket over the ground or pavement to gather material. On ground, just be sure your angle of attack on the cutting lip is neutral or the bucket will dig in and you'll run out of forward movement.

/ FEL Down Pressure Problem #3  
Yea man don't panic on us now, LOL I did the same thing. You are actually going to appreciate the float position. Be sure to use it to because if you don't over time it get a little squirrelly

/ FEL Down Pressure Problem
Thanks. I am pretty new to using the FEL but that does make a lot of sense. I just never thought it was a "feature". Well I guess I do have a lot to learn.