Loader dolly

/ Loader dolly #11  
Yes its the cylinders leaking internally. There is no loss of hydraulic fluid. I assume it is leaking past the piston within the cylinder. On the tractor the leak down could be caused by either the valve or the cylinders. When disconnected it has to be the cylinders or the check valves in the hydraulic hoses. If it was the check valves, I would expect to see puddles of hydraulic fluid. With no puddles I am left with the cylinders.

The leak down occurs in both my bucket curl cylinders and my bucket lift cylinders.

The loader has hinged flat bars and feet which drop down from the crossbar in the rear. An attached photo shows the support foot in the stowed position.

It does not have the bars which connect close to the bucket to support the loader.

Attachments

• 15-95094-DSC00011b.jpg
    15-95094-DSC00011b.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 174
   / Loader dolly #12  
OK, Ed, I was looking at your picture and the ones in my service manual. Now it does make me wonder whether the seals are bad in all 4 cylinders. Now I'll admit I've never changed the seals (never needed to), but from looking at the service manual, sure doesn't look like any big deal. Of course you'd have to be very careful to keep everything clean, and of course visually inspect the cylinder tube for signs of scoring or damage. If the whole thing cylinder had to be replaced, I'd bet that would get expensive.

/ Loader dolly #13  
For the record, I've owned my tractor for only six months but it is a 1997 Model L3600. I could leave my loader up in the air all night and it will stay there. It takes days for it to slip down.

/ Loader dolly #14  
Re: FEL Bleed-Down Rates

The FEL on my 2001 B2910 (with about 130 hours on it), has about the same bleed-down rate that Ed mentions with his (and I have no active leaks per se). I also remember the threads on this subject, and I am not convinced that Ed's seals are bad or need replacement. From listening to the feedback in this forum on this subject, as well as talking with the service department manager at my dealer, and a number of "professional" folks who have commercial-sized and equipped backhoe/loaders (and similar equipment), it seems like the prevailing opinion is that there can be quite a lot of variability relating to hydraulic system bleed-down rates for FEL's or otherwise ... especially when considering the relatively low-cost equipment we are running (i.e., without the benefit of cost-prohibitive cylinders, valves, and seals that resist or prevent bleed-down altogether).

Although I am no tractor nor hydraulic system expert, I have come to the conclusion that a 2 hour to overnight FEL bleed-down rate is not technically "out-of-spec", and those of you that can leave their FEL up for days and weeks without noticeable bleed-down are "lucky" and represent the exception rather than the rule. (And at the very least, this opinion makes me feel a little better about my FEL and its expeditious bleed-down habits). /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

Don /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Loader dolly #15  

I sure couldn't argue with you, Don, because I don't remember the numbers the dealer and factory rep gave me, and don't know where to find the numbers someone (John Miller?) posted on the forum in the past.

/ Loader dolly #16  

What is the difference between dismounting the loader on the concrete floor and having it bleed down so that it is difficult to reinstall or dismounting it onto a dolly and having it bleed down so it is hard to install? As long as the FEL cannot contact the floor while it is on the dolly I do not see why one condition is any worse then the other.

bruce

/ Loader dolly #17  
Ed,

My 1998 B2400 LA351 loader bleeds down just like yours.

Wish I had your tires for my deep sand.

Peter