L5030 service without a manual?

/ L5030 service without a manual? #1  

ScottOkla

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030HST, M9000, B7610
I picked up my fluids and filters for the 50 hour service on my L5030HST a few days ago. The tractor has 53 hours on it, and I need to do about 10 hours of blade and tiller work with it in the next week.

I was prepared to do the service today and tomorrow, but the owner's manual is missing. I have looked in every place I can think of, but likely left it somewhere between the farm, home, and work.

Since I would not be able to get a new manual for at least 10 days, I plan to change the engine oil in the next couple of days without the manual. I'm not experienced with tractor service, but I did do the 50 hour service on my father's 7610 a month ago, so I am hoping it is not much different.

Any advice from 5030 owners on location of all drain plugs or other things I should be aware of. Previous threads on the 7610 service helped a lot when it came time to do that one.

/ L5030 service without a manual? #2  
You have 2 plugs for the engine oil and holds around 8.7 quarts. On the transmisson 2 plugs on the bottom with 2 more one on each side for the final drive gears. On the front axle one on each side of the bevel gear housing with check plugs on axle housing and fill plug on top. Manual says axle holds 9.5 quarts Super UDT or 80-90W gear oil and transmission holds 11.9 gallons of Super Udt. With the HST you have a filter for the hydraulics and one for the HST to change. Grease points 2 on axle pivot 1 on each steering pivot and several on lift cylinders and links on three point. On the axle and transmission need to fill up and run some and then check fluids again as sometimes things will settle in some. Hope this helps some.
David

/ L5030 service without a manual?
Thanks for the information. It was very helpful.

My dealer is giving me some copied pages from their manuals until my manual arrives. The service guys balked, but the Sales guy said no problem.

/ L5030 service without a manual? #4  
David listed all the things I can recall.... it'll do you plus the copied manual pages.... best wishes on the service.... There is a trick to turning off the "service inspect" message... can't recall exactly now....it's in the manual... won't hurt to run it with the message showing...

/ L5030 service without a manual? #5  
To reset the service lamp.
Keep pushing both display mode switch and traveling mode switch for two seconds or more while in HOUR METER MODE.

Also found out that there is a setup mode in the IntelliPanel for setting the tire size but not sure how to get to that yet.

David