t post puller

/ t post puller #1  

lil_country

Bronze Member
Tractor
2006 B3030 & 2006 Cub Cadet LT1045
I made myself a T-post puller today to use with my tractor. It worked like a charm so I thought I would share it. I'm sure I'm not the first to think of it, but it might help someone.

I just slide it over the post about half way down and hook the chain to my bucket hook, then lift.

It is about 3/8 inch thick. I made it from an old trailer hitch that I had in my metal pile.

Attachments

• postpuller.jpg
    postpuller.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 1,952
   / t post puller #2  
We need to see this thing in action. Post some action shots please. BTW, you may want to move your thread to a different category: "attachments", or "build it yourself".

/ t post puller #3  
Great idea. I bet if you elongated the large hole and put a slight bend inthe middle you may be able to laso it on the post using the bucket. Then use one straight length of chain instead of a loop.

/ t post puller
I was having so much fun using it, I didn't think about pictures until I put the tractor up. I'll try to post some actions shots tomorrow.

/ t post puller
Ok, here are some action photos. I just put the bucket down beside the post, slide the gizmo over it, and lift.

Some of those posts in hard clay want to tilt the tractor a bit, so since I don't have a center hook yet, I just looped it through the chain (see last photo) to center the resistance.

(You are right. I probably should have posted this on the build-it-yourself or attachment forum, but I don't know how to move it.)

Attachments

• postpuller2.jpg
    postpuller2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,043
  • postpuller3.jpg
    postpuller3.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 642
  • postpuller4.jpg
    postpuller4.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 490
  • postpuller5.jpg
    postpuller5.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 478
   / t post puller #6  
I have done about the same thing except I use a very short length of chain and hook to center of curled bucket.

mark

/ t post puller #7  
That's really nifty. I need to build something like that to pull out posts for 3-plank horse fencing. I have about 1.5 miles of 40 year old fencing I'd like to pull out and replace. Now all I need is a big enough piece of steel. I really like the fact that all you do is slide it over the post and it is self-locking. Sweet!