Tractor
    2006 B3030 & 2006 Cub Cadet LT1045

Default t post puller

I made myself a T-post puller today to use with my tractor. It worked like a charm so I thought I would share it. I'm sure I'm not the first to think of it, but it might help someone.

I just slide it over the post about half way down and hook the chain to my bucket hook, then lift.

It is about 3/8 inch thick. I made it from an old trailer hitch that I had in my metal pile.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Kubota M7040HD

Default Re: t post puller

We need to see this thing in action. Post some action shots please. BTW, you may want to move your thread to a different category: "attachments", or "build it yourself".
    Chuck

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7610 and JD LT155

Great idea. I bet if you elongated the large hole and put a slight bend inthe middle you may be able to laso it on the post using the bucket. Then use one straight length of chain instead of a loop.
    Mike

B7610HSD-F W/LA352 FEL
    Land Pride BB1560 5' Box Scrapper
    Land Pride FDR1660 5' RFM

Tractor

I was having so much fun using it, I didn't think about pictures until I put the tractor up. I'll try to post some actions shots tomorrow.
    2006 B3030, 1947 2N

5' hog, 5' RFM, 5' box blade, 5' Grader Blade, FEL, 13KW PTO generator, Broadcast Fertilyzer, Carryall, Tumblebug, Posthole Digger

Prov 18:17

Tractor

Ok, here are some action photos. I just put the bucket down beside the post, slide the gizmo over it, and lift.

Some of those posts in hard clay want to tilt the tractor a bit, so since I don't have a center hook yet, I just looped it through the chain (see last photo) to center the resistance.

(You are right. I probably should have posted this on the build-it-yourself or attachment forum, but I don't know how to move it.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 B3030, 1947 2N

5' hog, 5' RFM, 5' box blade, 5' Grader Blade, FEL, 13KW PTO generator, Broadcast Fertilyzer, Carryall, Tumblebug, Posthole Digger

Prov 18:17

Elite Member
    Tractor
    1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.

I have done about the same thing except I use a very short length of chain and hook to center of curled bucket.

mark
    red tractor
    blue tractor
    green tractor
    orange tractor
    too many impliments to list

Tractor
    Kubota M7040HD

That's really nifty. I need to build something like that to pull out posts for 3-plank horse fencing. I have about 1.5 miles of 40 year old fencing I'd like to pull out and replace. Now all I need is a big enough piece of steel. I really like the fact that all you do is slide it over the post and it is self-locking. Sweet!
    Chuck