Katz lower hose heater

/ Katz lower hose heater #1  

johnk

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags
I have a Katz heater for a lower radiator hose I purchased a year or so ago when I had my other tractor and never used it. Does anyone know the diameter of the lower radiator hose on a 3130? Would you use one of these or use a freeze plug heater? Thanks for your inputs...

/ Katz lower hose heater #2  
John,
I also have the Katz lower hose heater. Mine is model 14500 which fits 1 1/4" hose and is 600 watt. I have mine mounted on a Mahindra 2615HST and it works fine. Take your top radiator hose off and measure the inside diameter, its probably the same as the lower hose. even if its an 1 1/8 to 1 3/8" the clamps will tighten down. For me the lower hose heater was much easier and faster to install. I drained my radiator, cut the hose, installed and refilled in less than an hour.

George

/ Katz lower hose heater
I lost the instructions for it but I remember I read something as to the fact which way the heating coil loop was supposed to point. The element loops out in one direction. Do you remember which way you installed yours???

/ Katz lower hose heater #4  
johnk: I just installed a Kat’s lower radiator engine heater on my MF1533. The instructions called for the element to be pointed towards the engine block. It also said to install the unit with the cap of the heater in a downward position.

/ Katz lower hose heater
Thanks for the info. I couldn't find any .PDF instructions on the Katz website. I ordered an extra lower hose and will make sure I can fit it in there before I pull the original one off the tractor. Thanks for the badly needed info..

John

/ Katz lower hose heater #6  
John,
As per the KATZ instruction sheet.
1) Drain and clean cooling system
2) Cut and remove 1" section from the lower hose at a point close to the water pump that will accept the heater. Make certain that the heater has a rise toward the water pump. Install with cap down and element pointing toward engine block.
3) Run cord through grill and secure making certain it is clear of all moving or heated parts.
4) refill cooling system, start engine, check for leaks, run until t-stat opens and top off coolant level.
5) Connect to properly grounded power source.
Not recommended for any flexible wire reinforced hose.

George

/ Katz lower hose heater
Thanks again George. I appreciated that. I printed both out and stuck them in with the heater., Now I'm waiting on my lower hose to be delievered....

/ Katz lower hose heater #8  
My dealer put a lower heater hose in my tractor. What I like about it is the idea that heat rises and it warms the fluid both in the block and the radiator. I think these types of heater units are pretty nice.