3 position to 4 position valve conversion?

/ 3 position to 4 position valve conversion? #1  

kevincook

Platinum Member
Tractor
k
Does anyone know if it would be possible to convert my 3 position valve to a 4 position valve economically.

I know that I can add an aux. valve but I think the 4 position valve would be a cleaner installation for what I am trying to do.

I was thinking that the valve body is probably the same and that maybe just the internal part of the curl circuit could be swapped out.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

/ 3 position to 4 position valve conversion? #2  
I an not sure about the loader on your tractor but with the LA402/03 loader the valve blocks are the same. However, I am not sure you can buy the parts to upgrade the spools from Kubota even though they have part numbers. Husco will be no help since the valve is propriatary to Kubota.

I suggest you go on over to TractorSmart.com and get a copy of the parts manual for your loader. The valve internals for both 3 and 4 position are broken down there, a least they are for the LA402. See what's different then go to your Kubota dealer and see what he can get for you parts wise and compare prices with that of a new valve. You will probably find the new valve cheaper.

/ 3 position to 4 position valve conversion?
Thanks Mad,

I know that the Kubota mech. can rebuild the valves since I broke mine a few years ago. I think the part that he replaced was about $150. I'm not sure of the correct terminology for the part but it was the entire cylindrical piston/valve inside the lift/lower valve circuit. Maybe it will be that simple but probably not.

A new valve will be $563 from the dealer.

Thanks,
Kevin