Is this a great forum or what..

/ Is this a great forum or what.. #1  

BlackforestBill

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Today started with 40 mph winds and lots of snow. Total snow fall was reported at 18" in my area, north of Colorado Springs at 7660' along the Palmer Divide. Looking like I'm gonna have fun on the tractor this evening!!!!! Snow stops around 4:30, wind slacks up shortly after. Big drifts all over the property!!! Finish up work and get to the fun stuff around 5:30. Everything is as it should be. My little BX2200 is working great like it always does. Starts to get dark so I hit all the lights, both spots on the ROPS and the headlights so I can see the gauges. About 5 minutes later my little beauty dies on me in the middle of the road. Oops. Try to start it, she fires but dies as soon as I release the key. Hmmm, maybe the fuel gelled, or the fuel pump went, or I got a bad batch of fuel. Get a friend out on his K25 to push me back up the drive.

Time to troubleshot. Turn on the key. Hear the fuel pump chattering. Not that. Pull the fuel line off of the upper filter and hit the key again. Fuel pumps out. Not that. This is starting to sound expensive. Ask a neighbor (pretty good mechanic). He can't think of anything else. I'm bummed.

Well lets check out the Kubota forum on TBN. Simple search. third post down is Dave M's "BX22 Blown Solenoid Fuse" thread. HomeBrew2 adds that the lights are on the same circuit. The light goes on over my head. All the lights on and I get the exact same symptoms that Dave had. Quick trip out in the dark and cold, swap the Solenoid fuse for the spare 20. Houston we have ignition. Back in the seat, careful to run only one spot. Get to finish the job! I'm happy, my wife is happy, my contractors will be happy when they get here in the morning. All is once again right with my little corner of the world.

So, since buying my BX in 2000 I've gotten lots of great info from here. Starting with the data that lead me to by my baby in the first place. The plans to install the spots on the ROPS. Contact with another member who sold me a 54" MMM deck. A great idea from Bird on how to reset my new clock. And countless other ideas that I haven't had a chance to get to yet.

This one saved me lots of dollars. Can I say thank you to all concerned?

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You all saved me money, time and more importantly allowed me to get more seat time tonight!!!

/ Is this a great forum or what.. #2  
Tell me about it! I've been a viewer of TBN ever since hurricane Katrina hit the south coast last year and I had to buy a tractor for clean-up. I can't tell you how many times ideas from reading posts have helped me. Any time I have a need or idea, the answer is probably on TBN. Their experience saves time and allows me to get it right on the first attempt. Usually better than asking the dealership. The problem is that everytime I get a good idea from TBN, it seems to cost me money!

/ Is this a great forum or what.. #3  
BlackforestBill said:
... Can I say thank you to all concerned?

Nah. You should send Homebrew about 1/2 what the dealer would have charged. I'm guessing $200 labor, plus pickup charges. Don't worry, he'll blow it all on tractor mods and post them here...

:D

RDnT

/ Is this a great forum or what.. #4  
Uphill....sure, you had to buy a tractor. Hey, that excuse worked for me too.

I have to give credit where its due, Uphill steered me to TBN and to a Kubota. Thanks for the great advice.

NB

/ Is this a great forum or what.. #5  
Evaluator, Don't throw any credit my way! You just bought the best. I just followed the right crowd.
When we get into trouble for too much tractor time, we all can place the blame on the 'Defatta'. Three Kubotas probably makes him Kubota King!

/ Is this a great forum or what.. #6  
Uphill,

I just did what you and Jim said, buy the best loader you can find and then buy a tractor to go with it. I am really likeing the LA723 loader and I am getting better at using it. The L3130 is not bad either.