B7500 steering wheel not straight!

/ B7500 steering wheel not straight! #1  

Wal

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500HST (Kobi)
I have done a search for this info, and have come up blank.

I have a B7500 HST which is about three years old. Over the last three years, the steering wheel has gradually become "cockeyed". When proceeding straight, the steering wheel is now turned almost 90 degrees to one side from the normal "straight ahead" position.

Can this be fixed or adjusted???

/ B7500 steering wheel not straight! #2  
I hate to tell you this but your steering linkage is wearing, ask a good front end alignment man the same question or there may be some on here. And yes, it can be fixed easy
Jim

/ B7500 steering wheel not straight! #3  
I quite honestly doubt that the steering wheel being 90 degrees out is from wear in the steering linkage. I'm not sure how the steering wheel is connected, but, if it's merely on a locking taper, could there be slippage?

My first look would be where the steering wheel connects to the shaft. Looseness of this magnitude should be easily visible in the linkage.

/ B7500 steering wheel not straight! #4  
When I bought my Bronco, the steering wheel was put on crooked, I took the center cap off removed the nut that holds the wheel of then replaced it straight, My problem was solved I doubt that is his problem cause he said its getting worse?
Lots of stuff in the steering linkage that can cause that.
Jim

/ B7500 steering wheel not straight!
As far as the problem being caused by wear or alignment problems . . . . I kinda doubt that. I only have 97 hours on the tractor and it has been used pretty lightly at that.

/ B7500 steering wheel not straight! #6  
Could you have hit a stump or something with the linkage? Stand in front of your tractor and look to see if both wheels are pointing the same direction.
And you can measure the center rear of your front tires and compare that with the front of your front tires, kinda like spreading your toes out in a standing position in the shape of a V
Jim

/ B7500 steering wheel not straight! #7  
Wal said:
I have done a search for this info, and have come up blank.

I have a B7500 HST which is about three years old. Over the last three years, the steering wheel has gradually become "cockeyed". When proceeding straight, the steering wheel is now turned almost 90 degrees to one side from the normal "straight ahead" position.

Can this be fixed or adjusted???

I believe that you have hydrostatic steering. There is no mechanical connection and they do tend to drift around a bit.

/ B7500 steering wheel not straight!
kevinj said:
I believe that you have hydrostatic steering. There is no mechanical connection and they do tend to drift around a bit.
Yes, that is what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure.

I wonder if there is any way to re-position the steering wheel to it's proper position???

/ B7500 steering wheel not straight! #10  
LBrown59 said:
How do you steer the tractor if the engine stops?

Maybe walk beside it and kick the tire around:):)
Seriously, all the modern tractors with power steering that I have been around have no mechanical connection to the front wheels. I guess they figure that if the engine stops it's not going very far. My parents farm with a combine that the steering will rotate completley around in about 10 minutes of operation, you don't really notice it unleess you try to hold you hand in one spot on the wheel.