new 7510 gear difficult shifting

/ new 7510 gear difficult shifting #1  

project

Bronze Member
I have a 7510 gear with 15 hours. It has been difficult shifting into a gear or range ,at times, without finding a gear that will engage, moving the tractor slightly, than select the gear you need. ( if I don't do this it will grind) I checked the free play on the clutch and it appears to be within the guidelines. Before I call the dealer, has anyone experienced the same thing on any Kubota and can offer some solution?? thanks

/ new 7510 gear difficult shifting #2  
My B3030 was the same way when it was new. Now that it is broke in and im alittle more familiar with the tractors behavior its shifting much beter. I did notice a big differnce after the 50 hr service. My tractor is still a little hard to get it gear sometimes but i have learned a few tricks. First before you change gears back up slightly.It seems to take the tension off the gears. This also works for getting the tractor out of 4X4. This works well for me. I never had any luck pressing the brake like the owners manual suggests.

/ new 7510 gear difficult shifting
thanks for the reply. I'm finding different touches work at different times. for example, if I hesitate in netural for a split second it shifts easily. Or use a very lite touch and sort of flip it to the next gear. It would be disappointing if this is a normal function of the tractor and it doesn't improve after a break-in period. Hope to hear a few more thoughts, thanks

/ new 7510 gear difficult shifting #4  
I would contact the dealer and have service look at it.

Possable causes:
A) Clutch Disk not broken in so it grabs a little.
B) Rust on Flywheel and pressure plate surface.
C) Pilot Bearing.

Grinding gears is not a good thing. It might be a simple thing of having the service mechanic slip the clutch a bit to seat the clutch to the flywheel and pressure plate. Do not do this yourself let the Kubota dealership take care of it. The last thing you want happen is being told you abused the tractor.

/ new 7510 gear difficult shifting #5  
project said:
I have a 7510 gear with 15 hours. It has been difficult shifting into a gear or range ,at times, without finding a gear that will engage, moving the tractor slightly, than select the gear you need. ( if I don't do this it will grind) I checked the free play on the clutch and it appears to be within the guidelines. Before I call the dealer, has anyone experienced the same thing on any Kubota and can offer some solution?? thanks

These trannys are not syncroed trannys like a car/pickup so you will grind fairly regularly when you don't let the tranny spin down after clutching.

/ new 7510 gear difficult shifting
thanks for the input. I aware of the non-syn transmission and come to a complete stop before shifting. Its seems to be more prevalent when cold. I 'll try to hesitate more when I'm at a stop and than shift. I perfer ,at times, using the hand throttle which also adds to the problem of shifting at higher rpm's. Thanks, all of these suggestiions are helpful.

/ new 7510 gear difficult shifting #7  
I have a little 15hp Mitsubishi gear tractor...when I up shift 2nd - 3rd I will always tickel the gears before going in, same but a lttle worse when down shifting.
In order to keep from grinding or even tickling them I have to come to a complete stop then wait a moment after depressing the clutch before putting it into gear.