Another Clutch Question

/ Another Clutch Question #1  

Gomez

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2400
Here's a question that I've been wondering about for some time. The guy I bought my B2400 off of went over everything with me before I took it away. When he demonstrated engaging the PTO for the MM mower, he let the clutch pedal out very, very, very slowly. Probably about 8-10 seconds from the time the blades start turning to move until he had the clutch all the way out. He said this minimizes the shock to the mower drivetrain. I agree this is a good idea, but isn't letting the clutch out too slowly just going to wear it out prematurely?

Thanks.

/ Another Clutch Question #2  
Gomez, you ever drive a manual transmission vehicle? Same principle. You ease out of the clutch to engage the clutch smoothly, but you don't want to just keep on letting the clutch slip. 8-10 seconds does sound quite excessive.

Bird

/ Another Clutch Question #3  
Gomez - I'd agree with Bird. The principle of letting it out slowly is sound, but 8-10 seconds is very excessive. 4 seconds should be quite sufficient. Maybe he was trying to emphasize the point. If so, it sounds like he was successful. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Mark