BX-2350 engine problems

/ BX-2350 engine problems #1  

Ozzphest

Tractor
BX-2350
No the first post I wanted to start with. I just really started using my BX and have about 4hrs. on it. I have moved some firewood with the FEL with no problem. Today I moved some sand and after about the fourth load the tractor started to bog down almost stalling. I stopped the tractor and put the throttle down to idle and the engine cycled up/dwn from 800 rpm`s-1300 for about half a minute. Once it evened out I tried to pic up the bucket and move the tractor and as soon as I turned up the throttle and started moving forward the engine started to dog again. This is still the first tank of deisel complements of the dealer. I turned the tractor off for a few minutes, then started it again and after about 2 bucket loads it would start to act up again. Anybody have any thoughts on this. Thanks!

/ BX-2350 engine problems #2  
4 hrs? You still have the dealer's phone number. This would be their problem. Don't even mess with it yourself.

/ BX-2350 engine problems #3  
My thought would be to call the dealer and have it fixed under warranty.

/ BX-2350 engine problems #4  
FOUR hours? -- call the salesman and chew hard. :mad:

You are going to get a Kubota survey in a month or so. Dealer probably does not want this story going very far.

Good luck (and let us know what the problem turns out to be!)

Russell in Texas

/ BX-2350 engine problems #5  
Get in touch with the dealer. It sounds like you are not getting fuel.

By the way how cold was it when it happened. I noticed you are in up state N.Y. and the reason I am asking this is, if it is in the low 20's or colder you might have the diesel fuel gelling up if the fuel was not winterized. I lived near Glens Falls years ago and I had it happen to me a few times.

/ BX-2350 engine problems
I plan on calling the dealer on Monday morning, but just wanted an opinion from someone before then. Thanks for replying everyone!

It was about 35 a few hours ago as I was operating it. Maybe the fuel is not wintergrade. I moved wood last weekend for two hours in 50 degree weather and had no problems.

/ BX-2350 engine problems #8  
Your Welcome,

Let us know what the problem was.

Be Safe.

/ BX-2350 engine problems #9  
From what you wrote it sounds like it is not winterized fuel. I would have the Dealer drain the fuel and I believe you have 2 fuel filters on your tractor. I would ask them to change them. I would also look for a MR. Funnel to purchase. They help filtering out water out of fuel.

Is there any additive I should be adding to the tank? The tractor had been sitting in my back yard for a week before starting it up today. One other thing, the rear work light does not work now. Wonder if there could be an electronic problem as well. It has been raining up here and the tractor has been outside.