A big TBN thank-you...

/ A big TBN thank-you... #1  

ljh2

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800, Ferris IS4500Z Cat Diesel mower
I just wanted to pass on a big THANK YOU to our host Muhammad and all of the members that post their experiences on TBN. Some of you might remember me from a time when I was more active here... other newer members probably not. Things have been so busy around my life lately that I haven't taken much time for TBN.

Well anyway to get to the point, during a recent tractoring session on my Kubota M6800 w/LA1162SL loader where I was pushing out a bunch of overgrown multi-flora rose bushes, my loader's float-detent stopped working. :eek:

At first thought I figured that something had gotten jammed into the linkages or such, but upon inspection of the valve-spool everything looked OK. So I pull out the owner's manual which after reviewing every page told me absolutely nothing. I don't even recall seeing ANY sort of troubleshooting section. :(

So I pull out the computer and login to TBN and do a quick search for 'loader joystick float detent' and come up with a bunch of threads -- several of which had helpful suggestions to their originators regarding problems with their float-detents. A couple of the posts talked about removing the 'cover-nut' on the bottom of the spool (below the lift valve) and finding water there that kept the valve from reaching the detent position. I went out an opened mine up and sure-enough there was water in the cap. I dumped that out and lubed it up with some grease and woohoo now it works like new again.

Thanks to you guys on TBN, I managed to save not only the $$$ of having the dealer look at it, but I avoided the downtime of having my tractor sitting in the shop. :)

Anyway, while I don't get around to TBN as much as I once did, I'm still thankful that we all have this great place to share our experiences and knowledge.