Tractor
    JD 4440,Kubota 2230,JD 2550

Default BX2230 runs great until.......

tractor idles and wide open just fine until i move trans lever in low or high range or when i engage pto tries to go dead .....

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2400

Default Re: BX2230 runs great until.......

One of the safety switches is out of adjustment. Check the seat switch first

Tractor
    JD 4440,Kubota 2230,JD 2550

Quote Originally Posted by B2400
    One of the safety switches is out of adjustment. Check the seat switch first

Thanks B2400 out of curiosity just how many safety switches on the Bx2230?

Tractor
    bx1800

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonIII
    .........out of curiosity just how many safety switches on the Bx2230?

Safety switch under the seat, on the transmission selector, and the PTO selector. Not having a BX2230, I have pointed out the most common safety switches. Yours might have additional switches that I am not aware of, but the principle remains the same. I haven't gotten into any of these units, but my guess is that it is some form of micro switch and is easily defeated for testing purposes with a jumper wire. Once you figure out which switch is giving you the problem, then analyze how it works and see if you can adjust it to work properly. Test after making any adjustments to make sure that your adjustment hasn't disabled the switch entirely. By using the jumper wire, you don't disturb the adjustment and try adjusting the wrong switch. Dusty