Mounting Quick Connect for Front Mount Snowblower

/ Mounting Quick Connect for Front Mount Snowblower #1  

carrsw1

Tractor
Kubota BX2350
I decided to put the front mount snowblower on my BX2350 this last weekend in prep for winter. I took the MM Mower off....piece of cake. Easier than I expected.

I started putting the quick change attachment on the front (hadn't been mounted on the tractor before) and discovered that the long PTO shaft (between the front quick change and the Mid PTO) was about 3 inches too short. When you slide the PTO Shaft onto the spline and then connect it to the mid PTO, the shaft falls off the front spline.

I reviewed the assembly and couldnt see where I did anything wrong. It looks as if there is only one way to assemble this.

I called the service manager at the dealership today and his first response was "impossible". After explaining the situation in more detail, they are sending a service guy out to look at it later this week. The dealer has been a good dealer and they dont hesitate to correct an issue or help out a newbie like me.

My question to the forum is "has anyone else had this PTO shaft issue on the front quick change?" And if so, what was the issue.

Thanks

/ Mounting Quick Connect for Front Mount Snowblower #2  
Without seeing it, I would guess that the wrong shaft was sent with your front mount. I will measure mine in the morning and let you know the length. I will assume that it is the same for the older BX22. In the meantime, measure yours and post, so we can compare notes. Dusty

/ Mounting Quick Connect for Front Mount Snowblower #3  
You know why I like TBN... because where else could you have a bunch of guys discussing - completely openly - the fact their shaft is 3" too short... and others offering to measure up and post their findings... and NOT have someone take it down a path that would require moderation...
This place is great!

/ Mounting Quick Connect for Front Mount Snowblower #4  
That seems like quite a difference. I recall when I originally prepped the quick mount on my 2200 that there was some front to rear adjustment of the spline.
Unless it is mounted too far forward, the shaft must be incorrect.

/ Mounting Quick Connect for Front Mount Snowblower
Well.....I just measured it and the total length of the PTO shaft is 44 1/2 inches.

I also measured the spline length protuding from the quick mount. The spec says it is supposed to be 5 inches and that is what I measured it to be.

I agree that this place is great.

/ Mounting Quick Connect for Front Mount Snowblower #6  
Almost forgot to measure it. Just did so, and mine also measures 44 1/2" from coupling to the end of the internal splined shaft, so it would be my guess that you have something installed wrong. Is it possible that you have the front part of the mount installed backward? That is the only thing that I could think of. Sorry that I can't be of any more help. Dusty

/ Mounting Quick Connect for Front Mount Snowblower #7  
carrsw1 said:
I decided to put the front mount snowblower on my BX2350 this last weekend in prep for winter. I took the MM Mower off....piece of cake. Easier than I expected.

I started putting the quick change attachment on the front (hadn't been mounted on the tractor before) and discovered that the long PTO shaft (between the front quick change and the Mid PTO) was about 3 inches too short. When you slide the PTO Shaft onto the spline and then connect it to the mid PTO, the shaft falls off the front spline.

I reviewed the assembly and couldnt see where I did anything wrong. It looks as if there is only one way to assemble this.

I called the service manager at the dealership today and his first response was "impossible". After explaining the situation in more detail, they are sending a service guy out to look at it later this week. The dealer has been a good dealer and they dont hesitate to correct an issue or help out a newbie like me.

My question to the forum is "has anyone else had this PTO shaft issue on the front quick change?" And if so, what was the issue.

Thanks

This is a classic example of something that screams PICTURES!!!!

/ Mounting Quick Connect for Front Mount Snowblower #8  
I'm assuming that this is a telescoping pto shaft and that is should lock on to a spline at both ends. If that is the case, it shouldn't just fall off the front spline....it should be locked on to it and the shaft would then telescope to the correct length.

Just guessing,
Kevin

/ Mounting Quick Connect for Front Mount Snowblower
Problem solved. Dealer provided the front quick change for the BX1500 instead of the one for the BX2350. and guess what.....the one for the BX1500is identical except it is 3 inches shorter.

Next time I will add pictures. Thanks all for the ideas.