BX23 SWITCH

/ BX23 SWITCH #21  
fishpick said:
Get on, sit down, turn key, increase throttle, lift FEL, depress petal - drive away.

That's what I want to do. I don't see any benefit to forcing me to do anything else, for one. For two, I find it a more dangerous option to be forced into neutral in semi-precarious situations than to keep it in gear. Third, it's a pain. Fourth, I hate forgetting the brake. Fifth, I hate corporate lawyers riding around my lawn with me.

Just in case my opinion counts. Thanks. I feel better.

Don't know if I'm going to bypass the seat switch, though. Can be a pain, but I do see a safety feature there.

/ BX23 SWITCH
KeithInSpace said:
That's what I want to do. I don't see any benefit to forcing me to do anything else.
1* I find it a more dangerous option to be forced into neutral in semi-precarious situations than to keep it in gear.
2*I hate forgetting the brake.
Just in case my opinion counts. Thanks. I feel better.

3*Don't know if I'm going to bypass the seat switch, though. Can be a pain, but I do see a safety feature there.
1*So Do I.That's why Neutral should work like park does in a car.
2*The brake should hold with out letting the tractor move.There needs to be a foot brake just like cars have also_Once the tractor starts moving in a precarious situation there is no way to stop it.
3*The seat switch is fine with me. Why remove it and take a chance on removing a foot or some toes?

/ BX23 SWITCH
Volfandt said:
Berniep, I believe every BX23 owner has done this at least once :D :D

I don't think that there would be a problem starting in gear as long as the treadle isn't depressed. The tractor may move a hair tho.....

I'll just go on and admit that I've already made a plug to jumper out one of the seat safety switches and tie-wrapped the other.
The benefits I now enjoy are:
1) being able to dismount the BX to toss the large branch (or any other debris) out of the way when mowing without idleing down the engine then disengageing the pto. Then reengageing the pto and runnin gback up to working rpm. Beinging careful to avoid the MMM I'll also add :D
2) being able to manuver the BX around when digging with the BH without having to spin the seat back around (I just sit in the seat bass-ackwards :D and work the treadle pedal.

Since I have now gone public, I expect the safety police to respond but thats OK, as all of my previous mowers/tractor-bushhog machines didn't even have ANY safety swithes/devices so I learned with experience on how to operate in and around dangerous machinery safely for beau-coup yrs :D

Volfandt
2*I simply operate the pedal using a 1x2 about 18'' long in my left hand.

/ BX23 SWITCH #24  
LBrown59 said:
2*I simply operate the pedal using a 1x2 about 18'' long in my left hand.
Hah - me too - I even have a little leather shoelace through the end and hang it off the range selector so it's in easy reach wen I need it!

/ BX23 SWITCH #25  
I can reach the hydro pedal by leaning back and moving the pedal with my left hand. I can move it around slowly before the safety switch cuts in, handy for digging a trench but not so good with stuff like stumps where you have to maneuver a lot.

/ BX23 SWITCH
Berniep said:
I can reach the hydro pedal by leaning back and moving the pedal with my left hand. I can move it around slowly before the safety switch cuts in, handy for digging a trench but not so good with stuff like stumps where you have to maneuver a lot.
That is how i done it to till i got the 18'' 1 x 2 board which made a big difference in streaching and twisting trying to reach the pedal.
Helps on the safety switch and stumps too.

/ BX23 SWITCH #27  
I use the same method for moving as Berniep. I like the idea of not having to put it in neutral to start though. I'm a little suprised Kubota made that change.

Ken