BX23 SWITCH

/ BX23 SWITCH #2  
I haven't yet and depending upon the price, I would probably just bypass it.
Of course I consider it, at the very least, a cheap theft deterent as I always park my BX in gear in the hopes a thief wouldn't know to put it in neutral to start it. :D

Yours acting up?
Volfandt

/ BX23 SWITCH #3  
I'd half want to defeat it anyway. Keep mine inside, so I'm not too concerned about theft and if I can keep it in 'gear' (loose term with HST), I don't have to forget to release the parking brake all the time. HST holds it fine. I've found it a pain in the butt and not much of a safety thing.

/ BX23 SWITCH #4  
Agree with Volf and Keith. With the HST pedal lock-out, it really doesn't add much safety. I use the HST as parking brake (most of my ground is flat) and get tired of wiggling into N to start the motor.

/ BX23 SWITCH
Volfandt said:
I haven't yet and depending upon the price, I would probably just bypass it.
Of course I consider it, at the very least, a cheap theft deterent as I always park my BX in gear in the hopes a thief wouldn't know to put it in neutral to start it. :D

Yours acting up?
Volfandt
It was till I fixed it yesterday.
It was a real bear to get to.
Spent about 2 or 3 hours trying to get to the bolts and nuts that hold it on.
Bought a new switch for all of $5.24 tax and all.
Turns out I didn't need it as the old switch had just loosened up and slipped out of adjustment.
It's a good thing I didn't take the old switch clear off before discovering that it was just out of adjustment or I'd probably have fought the second nut and bolt for another hour or so.
My advice if you suspect this switch.
Make sure it's adjusted properly before removing either of the nuts that hold it on or the wire that plugs on to it.
It could save you a lot of time work and a ton of frustration.

/ BX23 SWITCH
KeithInSpace said:
If I can keep it in 'gear' I don't have to forget to release the parking brake all the time. HST holds it fine.
I'd half want to defeat it anyway. Keep mine inside, so I'm not too concerned about theft and if I can keep it in 'gear' (loose term with HST), I don't have to forget to release the parking brake all the time. HST holds it fine. I've found it a pain in the butt and not much of a safety thing.
But you still have to shift it out of gear into neutral to start it don't you?

/ BX23 SWITCH #9  
So - not to beat a dead horse - but I would say NOT having to do this on a BX24 is an improvement - sounds like a pain.

/ BX23 SWITCH
fishpick said:
So - not to beat a dead horse - but I would say NOT having to do this on a BX24 is an improvement - sounds like a pain.
So are you saying the BX24 can be started in gear?
Isn't that sorta like starting your car in drive or reverse?