You know what's funny

/ You know what's funny #11  
Volfandt said:
They all have issues to. One reason why there seems to be more problems w/the new BX's could be because theres quite a bit more BX's sold than the competeing scuts.....

re. the plastic floor boards, Seems Kubota has redesigned them and all the BX's shipping now have the new upgraded floorpan. I've read where some dealers are being proactive in replaceing thse already sold. Should become a non-issue.

re. the ill-fitting intake screens, Seems Kubota has redesigned them and all teh new BX's shipping now have them. I've read where some dealers are being proactive in replaceing thse already sold. Should become a non-issue.

re. the one and only blown BX engine I've read about on this forum thus far. It had a bent rod at approx 60 hrs. Now I'm not pointing fingers and it could be the rare lemon engine but one of the main causes of a bent rod in a diesel engine is continued operation of the engine with coolant entering the cylinder. One of the main causes of how coolant can enter a cylinder is a blown head gasket and/or warped head. One of the main causes of a blown head gasket and/or warped head is continued operation of the engine with it overheating...
And of course it could be the 1 in 1000 engines with a manufactured defect.

re. rough running diesels. Gotta keep bad fuel and water out of them. This goes for ALL of them no matter who makes 'em....

Since I like tractors and machinery of all makes and models I like to cruise all the forums to find out more about these machines and one thing that is a common thread with the all is that if they're man made, they'll not be perfect :D

Now that's wise... and its wisdom with smiles...

/ You know what's funny #12  
You know what's funny? My K dealer switched over to JD Green. Seems he had enough of the finance charges from K and switched over all three locations to JD only. That was about 4-5 years ago. No big deal as my Kubota only needs routine service by me and starts when I turn the key. Oh and everything operates as expected or better.

Truth be told, a buddy bought a JD 790 at the same time as it wasn't "Foreign" like Kubota. --(Cough Cough)-- Well, his 100% made in Japan Yanmar built tractor is also starting every time the key is turned and operating as expected.

There are a few bad tractors out there (even in Kubota land) but nearly all are extremely well made. No matter who made them.

jb

/ You know what's funny
john_bud said:
My K dealer switched over to JD Green.

jb

Ironically, the dealer I purchased from did the opposite. Used to be JD and switched over to Kubota.

/ You know what's funny #14  
re. dealerships, seems the JD dealerships can only carry JD's where as the 4 Kubota dealers in my general area carry at least two brands. 3 carry MF's whilst the other carries commercial Toro's.

Of the 4 JD dealers in my general area, one has bought out 2 of the others, leaving just two independants and I suspect the other will get bought out eventually.

I wonder if it is a requirement that JD dealers can only carry JD's?

As a side note, when I had to have my Home Depot bought JDL130 worked on, I wasn't impressed with the "assigned" JD dealer in that I didn't think my business was that important to them so I attempted to find another service center to work on the Kohler engine. I contacted Kohler and they responded with about 6 certified Kohler service centers to contact. Amazingly, 3 refused to work on the L130 because they didn't want the aggravation of having to deal with JD.
I guess JD makes it harder on the non-JD dealers which I can understand but I still found it amazing that they refused Kohler warranty work due to the machine being a JD....
Oh and the other 3 JD dealers wouldn't work on the L130 either....

Just another story in the naked city :D :D

Volfandt

/ You know what's funny
Volfandt, your story is exactly a big reason why I would not even entertain looking at a Deere beyond their website. I've heard that story too many times, and I've encountered it in person as well.

John Deere and their dealers seem to think they are above everyone else....an attitude I simply will not stand for. They can keep it and their green machines...I have no tolerance for such behavior.

/ You know what's funny #16  
Man, this is a tough crowd over here in orange land!:)

Don't get me wrong, I own 2 Kubota machines and I think Kubota makes a quality piece. I don't think the design is always thought out as well as it could be though. I also own a JD 4710 and I wouldn't trade it for any orange tractor any day.

Kubota excepted, you have to admit that when you check out the other "import" brand forums you hear about a lot of bent hydraulic cylinders, twisted loaders, bent buckets, cracked brackets, etc. This includes the other orange brand. In most cases you get what you pay for and tractors are definitely not an exception to that rule.

I also don't agree with the dealer issue. I get along great with my John Deere dealer as well as my Kubota dealer. They both treat me with respect and have never been cocky or talked down another brand of tractor. Be assured though if you walk in a dealers place of business with an attitude you can most likely expect to get the same attitude right back.

OK, I stirred the pot enough now - let er rip boys! :eek:

/ You know what's funny #17  
I'd hope that I would be treated well after dropping the $$$'s on a new JD 4710 too :D

I documented my experiences in several threads a couple yrs ago when I started out to either buy me a CUT or SCUT and even tho I still had a bad bad taste from my previous dealings with 4 different JD dealers over getting my 92 day old JD L130 repaired, I still started my quest for a new tractor at 4 different JD dealers before they managed to drive me to Kubota. Not 1, not 2 not even 3 dealers, but 4, at the time totally independant JD dealers did not seem to want my business. Now keep in mind that I wasn't looking past JD and my original quest was to choose between the 2210 and the 4100.
Dealer #1 allowed me to test drive the 2210 but quoted me prices higher than the list price on JD's web site and wouldn't come down. He wouldn;t work on my L130 also. When I made him aware of this he walked away from me....

Dealer #2 was talking to me ok and when I asked to test out his 2210 and 4100, we went to go get the keys but ran into another customer. He asked if he could talk to them for a moment and I said sure, but I was on my lunch break so I didn't have much time to wait. I waited approx 15 minutes when I decided to go to his office door to let him know that I was still there. The customer saw me but he didn't. The customer says that if he needed to get back to me that they could wait, he said "awww, don't worry about him" then laughed alittle and went back to writing something down. I stepped in his door and said thanks but I now don't feel the need to do business with him then left. This was the JD dealer that held the contract on the HD JD's too so that was strikes 1, 2 and 3....

Dealer #3 didn't have a 2210 on site but did have 4100 that just so happened to be out at his house grading his gravel driveway with a boxblade. The owner/salesman wouldn't come out of his office to work with me, instead he got one of his mechanics to deal with me.The poor fellow had to run between me and the Owner/salesman at least 5 or 6 times to get answers and counter offers on the 2210. He was pushing me hard to go for the 4100 since he had one but even though he had run upwards of about 15 hrs on the machine, dragging a box blade etc, he still wanted list price for it and wouldn't entertain any "boot" to go along with what I considered a used tractor. Plus I didn't feel he was dealing on the up and up. He was one that was bought out by dealer #2.

Dealer #4 wouldn't end his BS session with a couple of state troopers to talk to me at all. He made me feel that I was basically intruding on their conversation and didn't want to deal with me. He did say that they liked to deal with larger machines and didn't have any of those tiny tractors around. Needless to say I walked out vowing to not do business with them EVER again. He too was bought out by dealer #2.

I decided to check out the other brands now and Kubota was next on my good reputation list.
I got the complete opposite reactions from the 2 Kubota dealers I went to next. Both worked with me, allowed me to test out several tractors and even called me with followups when I told them that I needed to think about their deals.
I then tested out an MF2310, A Kioti CK20, A Branson, a CUB SCut that I don't recall the model, and after thorough visits and testing I settled on the Kubota and then worked with both dealers to get the best deal.

In my case, Kubota wanted my business and JD didn't.

Due to the business I'm in, I got to go back to JD dealers #2 & #3 and after sharing my stories with upper management, I was told that they realized that they lost alot of business before and that my story wasn't the 1st they'd heard of this.
If I ever decide to move up to a larger class machine I will test out the JD's at those two locations but, the Kubota dealer I eventually went with has been great to work with and the other Kubota dealer has let me test out the B3030 w/cab and told me my BX23 would make a great trade-in so those two will be very hard for JD to overcome.
Shame because JD was the one to beat originally.....

I guess this is story #2 from the naked city :D

Volfandt

/ You know what's funny #18  
What's a JD?????:rolleyes: :eek: