Kubota M7040HDC stereo adapter

/ Kubota M7040HDC stereo adapter #1  

Toddbo34

Does anyone know where I can an adapter to just plug in a car stereo versus cutting the factory plug off? The cab already has the speakers in it and a hole for the stereo with a harness. I know I could buy a Kubota stereo but I already have a very nice used one. Any help would be appreciated.

/ Kubota M7040HDC stereo adapter #2  
go to a car sound place, they do make them, the units used in kubota's here in australia are clarion in the X series. i see no reason why they would change this. take your old unit in and maybe a pic of the plug in the tractor to a good shop and see what they can do. shouldnt be to hard for someone to sort out for you. take a few measurements too.

/ Kubota M7040HDC stereo adapter
I have been to all the car stereo shops and online to several places with no luck. I guess I will have to use small female spade connectors. Anyone know where to get one of these plugs?

/ Kubota M7040HDC stereo adapter #4  
Try Crutchfield. The will sell an adapter kit to go from just about any car audio device to just about any vehicle. A tractor, however, may be another matter. No harm in asking, the tech people there are top notch.

/ Kubota M7040HDC stereo adapter #5  
This is a one hour job. Just have the wiring diagrams for both ends ( yor Kubota dealer should have the tractor side in his repair manual.) When you cut off the tractor adapter, you will blow a 5 amp fuse to the unkeyed power lead . PM me if you need to .

/ Kubota M7040HDC stereo adapter #6  
Got to:http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...dio-install.html?highlight=radio+installation
This is for a Grand L installation but I'm guessing color codes are the same. There's a web page with step by step instructions! I did an aftermarket install in a little over an hour. By the way, are you sure there are speakers? Mine had speaker grills but no speakers. This thread gives you everything you need for a Grand L install and I'm sure most would apply to yours.

/ Kubota M7040HDC stereo adapter #7  
Can you take a pic or 2 of the plug and the radio? I can help you with it. I was a MECP for 15 years (to hard on the back now) and I have installed systems in anything from motorcycles to semi's and all inbetween.

Do you own a digital or analog volt meter?
Shane

BTW if they put a plug in it you can most likely find the other end.;)

/ Kubota M7040HDC stereo adapter
I really don't want to take the cab apart or cut any wires. If I had the plug it would be as simple as wiring the radio itself and then plugging it in. Of course I still have to figure out the 7 wires in the tractor plug. The power and ground wires are easy but how do you figure out the positive form the negetive speaker wires? Here is a picture of the plug. It has 7 wires in it. 2 positives (1 direct & 1 switched), 1 ground, 2 pos speakers and 2 neg speakers.

Picture2006-4.jpg

Last edited:
   / Kubota M7040HDC stereo adapter #9  
To find speakers use a a,c or d battery and remember which wire you put on the positive side of the battery. then touch them to the speaker wires. the speaker cone will move outward if you have the pos on pos. if it goes in then you have neg on pos. or you can take the speaker out and look at the color.

BTW that plug has been used on most of the inexpensive radios for decades.

You do not even need to find that one you can just use mini spades that have insulation on them or put some shrink tube on them so that they cover the whole spade.:)
Shane

/ Kubota M7040HDC stereo adapter #10  
I would also like to point out that most times (not all) the wires in the plug are laid out in a sensible fashion. like power in the center or in a row or something like that.