B21 + 5ft. shredder

/ B21 + 5ft. shredder #1  

capt jack

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota M105,B21,Cat D6B
I,ve got a big (M105) kubota, but my dealer has a deal on a used B21. I need something to do the smaller chores. My question: is a B21 enough tractor to operate a 5ft. rhino shredder (just mowing, no big brush work). Also how about a PHD in clay soil? I was looking for more HP, But like I said this one looks like a bargin. Thanks guys, (and Gals).

/ B21 + 5ft. shredder #2  
PTO HP is not one of the strong points for the B21 ( specs out at 13.5). Relatively high GPM for FEL and BH is the niche for this machine. May not be the best choice for PTO work.

/ B21 + 5ft. shredder #3  
I assume your talking about a brushhog and not a flail mower? I had a B7300 that was 12.5 hp at the PTO and I used a 4' brushhog. It did a good job and was capable of some fairly thick stuff. If all you are doing is cutting grass that isn't real thick I'm sure it'd be fine. Any real hogging is out of the question.

/ B21 + 5ft. shredder #4  
I know a guy that has a Kubota B20 with a 5' bush hog. He says it works ok but I believe he'd be better off with a 4 footer.
My L3830 will run a 6' bush hog fine but it will bog down a little in the really thick stuff.

/ B21 + 5ft. shredder #5  
Capt Jack

I have a B21 and run a 5' tiller with it.

I worked up a some old pasture and an alfalfa/grass field, both had heavy sod. The B21 handled it fine. I have the HST tranny and found that 2nd gear worked the best, but the tractor was creaping along most of the time.

The HST allowed me to control the speed when things got thick.

Curt