Kubota fender vibration fix

/ Kubota fender vibration fix #1  

Youare

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3000
I have a Kubota L3000DT, and like some others at certain RPM's the fenders vibrate. This weekend I made a brace that connects the fenders together just behind the seat using exsisting holes in the fenders. Haven't road tested it yet but I think the problem should be solved.

Some body else may have already come up with a good way of dealing with their problem but here is what I tried. One of my character faults, according to my wife, is I don't throw anything away so I looked through my inventory and this is what I came up with. There is a hole on the back of the fender near the top that is a little over 3/8 inch diameter, I measured the distance between these holes from fender to fender. The sheet metal is at an angle where these holes are so I took my angle gauge from the woodshop and set it on top of the fender to set it to this angle. I took a piece of 1 inch square aluminum tubing cut the ends to this angle, I made the length of the tubing about 1/16" less than the distance between the fenders, will explian later. I cut a piece of 3/8-16 threaded rod 2 1/2 inches longer than the aluminum piece.

Between the fender and the aluminum piece I put a 1/8" thick 2" diameter rubber washer, purchased this at the local hardware store. Inside the fender on each end of the threaded rod I put a rubber bushing and washer that was left over from a shock absorber replacement, you can use a rubber stopper from the local hardware store instead. Placed a nut on each end and tightened it up. The rubber washer on the outside keeps the paint from being damaged and bushings on the inside keep the vibration from shaking the nuts loose.

I plan on road testing it tonight, will let you know how this turned out.

Randy

/ Kubota fender vibration fix #2  
Sounds like a great solution