Another block heater question.

/ Another block heater question. #1  

Dusty

Veteran Member
Tractor
bx22
My BX has the 905 engine with the block heater that screws into the right side of the block. I want to add a heater to the tractor and use this 1" NPT hole to be the return line as in this picture. I also don't want to give up the block heater, so I was wondering if anyone knew the diameter of the lower radiator hose heater that is used in some of the later model BX tractors? Are there any install pictures on TBN for this heater? I have just about worn out the search feature trying to find posts about this. Thanks
Dusty

/ Another block heater question. #2  
Dusty said:
My BX has the 905 engine with the block heater that screws into the right side of the block. I want to add a heater to the tractor and use this 1" NPT hole to be the return line as in this picture. I also don't want to give up the block heater, so I was wondering if anyone knew the diameter of the lower radiator hose heater that is used in some of the later model BX tractors? Are there any install pictures on TBN for this heater?

I have the block heater and a cab heater installed on my BX2200. Here's a web site with several pictures.

Pictures of my cab

It doesn't strictly address your question but it does offer an alternative solution. Let me know if you need more info.

/ Another block heater question. #3  
Dusty,
Mine has the 905-e ,but its probably the same.Probably the e is for engine? I would be glad to measure it if you think its different.It is at the dealers for a check up,have it back next week.What particular Kubota do you think might be different ,bx 24,2350? This might help direct this question to an individual who might measure theirs.
ALAN

/ Another block heater question.
I am thinking of using the block heater that is used on the BX that doesn't have the provisions for threading it into the block, like the early ones did. I am going to remove my threaded block heater and put the return line into that hole. Then I will put a heater into the lower radiator hose. I would like to buy the heater locally rather than making a trip to the dealer, who doesn't stock them on a regular basis. It is one of those projects that I will either get to before the weather gets much colder, or it will have to wait another year, so hopefully someone will have a quick answer. Thanks
Dusty