BX1850 with MMM

/ BX1850 with MMM #1  

John_B32

I have 3 acres of rolling property that needs to be mowed approx twice a month during the rainy season (southern california). I would be mowing mainly weeds, and as long as I keep up on it I should never me mowing anything over 12" tall. The property is not totally clean, so there will be some small brances that I would encounter (nothing over 1.5 inches in diameter). Will a MMM on a BX1850 handle that with no problem?

Also, I'm looking at a used BX1850 with 12 hours on it for $8,500. Is that a good price.

Thanks for any advise. I'm a newbie!

John

/ BX1850 with MMM #2  
I would say that the tractor will handle that with no problem. I cut some high grass a couple times a year and have never had any problems other than hitting a few rocks. I mow over small branches, but not anything that is more than 3/4" in diameter. Dusty

/ BX1850 with MMM #3  
The 1850 should be fine for that, I have wooded areas that I cut 2 or 3 times a year with a 1500 and its no problem. I cut a couple acres of grass once a week, and a couple of wooded, knee high weedy areas once a month, if that. The rest I cut trails through once in a while. I do pick up the big stuff before I mow. I don't get off the tractor for much once I start cutting.

/ BX1850 with MMM #4  
The MMM will work fine for that application. It will take small branches w/o any trouble at all except for a little added wear & tear on the blades. There's always stuff coming down out of the trees around my place and I never bother to move it unless it is bigger than 2" dia.

If you aren't doing any tight manuvering you may want to consider a RFM instead. They hitch up and detach more easily and give you extra ground clearance when needed. They are also a few hundred dollars less expensive to buy.

/ BX1850 with MMM #5  
John_B32 said:
Also, I'm looking at a used BX1850 with 12 hours on it for $8,500. Is that a good price.

Thanks for any advise. I'm a newbie!

John
$8500 is the price i got last summer on a new BX1500 with a tiller and a front blade

PS
Dusty posted about a price on a new i assume BX1500 with a tiller and a front blade and the MMM for I believe $7800.

/ BX1850 with MMM #6  
BX1850 should be fine for that application. New with a MMM and FEL costs about $11.5k.

Unused with a MMM only is not that great a deal. If there is a FEL then very good deal.

I would seriously look into a BX2630 or B7400, what ever has HST drive. It is my observation the BX-1850 was rushed into production and not a single detail was reviewed. The engine and drive train are tight, assuming it even starts due to poor electrical system, and on and on...If you do plan to rototil, the BX1850 will till 3 acres, but you will probably wish your helper did it.

I bought mine with .9% financing over two years and suspect I will sell it before the two years are up. I’d rather take a hit then put up with the “New” BX series.