BX2750 snowblower

/ BX2750 snowblower #1  

Larry_Illinois

Hi All,

We were blessed with a bunch of snow (12" TO 18") here in Central Illinois today. I spent many hours with my BX-2350 and endloader clearing out the drive and I am not totally done. Has anyone used the BX2750 front mount snowblower and any ball park figures on what it costs? The 2350 did well but in 12"-15" of snow it wasn't going anywhere real fast.
Any information on the front mount snow blower would be appreciated!
Larry

/ BX2750 snowblower #2  
Larry_Illinois said:
Hi All,

We were blessed with a bunch of snow (12" TO 18") here in Central Illinois today. I spent many hours with my BX-2350 and endloader clearing out the drive and I am not totally done. Has anyone used the BX2750 front mount snowblower and any ball park figures on what it costs? The 2350 did well but in 12"-15" of snow it wasn't going anywhere real fast.
Larry

I just started my 4th winter with one and I am well satisfied with the performance.

/ BX2750 snowblower #3  
   / BX2750 snowblower #4  
Larry_Illinois said:
Hi All,

Larry
HI LARRY,
I got a quote right in my hand bx2750c subframe,50inch two stage2695, plus 300 more if i want the electric rotater.
ALAN

/ BX2750 snowblower #5  
Larry_Illinois said:
Hi All,

Larry

Hey Larry,, Blessed, well, ya I suppose so.. I worked on my drive for 6 hours..

Neighbor has a BX2200 with the plow, I got the loader and a Wolverine 350 ATV and they all performed great. I can't believe how well the loader worked..

Yes it does seem a little slow for this amount of snow, but I wonder how well the blower works for the 1-2 inchers we usually get. This is an obscene amount of snow, I'll have to post some of my pics....

Sure was fun, but even though the machines did most of the work, I sure am tired...

Have you found any new friends since your purchase? Sure is funny how everyone remembers my new purchase. 3-4 friends called, plus an uncle that was stuck in his own driveway....

See ya Larry,

Send me a PM if you get serious about the blower.. I'm actually considering the hydraulic plow so I can sell the Quad...

/ BX2750 snowblower #6  
If you can justify the cost the performance of the blower will not dissapoint you. It is way faster than trying to clear a large snowfall with the loader. I live in Southeastern BC where several feet of snow can accumulate over the winter, once it arrives it stays until spring so piling snow with a loader can result in some massive snow mountains. If you have limited space to pile the snow this can be a real pain. The only disadvantage to a snowblower can be if you have a gravel drive, rocks even down to a half inch in diameter can damage the fan and fan housing. Once the ground freezes and a snowbase packs down it's fine though. As for lighter snowfalls of 4" or less, I have a 5' rear blade and make a forward run down either side of my drive with the blade angled to cast the snow to the center and form a windrow. Then I make a pass with the blower and clear the pile away. Another tip when it comes to wet snow, if it looks like the temperature will drop I try to wait for the snow to freeze and dry up before clearing it. But sometimes that just doesn't happen or work and I have used my blower on 5-6" of wet slop and it still does the job.

Stephen

/ BX2750 snowblower #7  
For what it's worth, I purchased my BX2750C with subframe for a B7610 this summer. Went for $2495.
Could have gotten the electric chute rotator for $295 and the electric deflector kit for $395. Opted for a DIY chute rotator and deflector, both electric. Here's what I'm working on...

1. Chute rotator. Found a friend with a 12V window motor from a BMW (driver side). I'm going to weld a metal shaft on it and drill a hole in the shaft. It fits right into the sleeve that the manual rotator fits in. Turns at just the right speed. Total cost with bracket $25. If a window motor wasnt free then I'd have paid a total of $65. Sure beats $295!

2. Chute deflector. Ordered a linear actuator online as well as a dual switch kit. Company called SPAL (www.spal-usa.com). The linear actuator bolts on to the side of the chute and the deflector. Also picked up a 6 wire trailer wire harness. Total cost $135.

With a savings of $540 I think I'll be doing some more mods like this! What doesn't make sense to me is why the chute deflector doesn't have a remote control, even a manual control, from the drivers seat! Seems that it would definitely be of more use with that than the way it comes!

Can't comment on the ease of use but compared to a Simplicity walk behind on a 1000' + driveway anything will be easier!

Good luck!
Keith
Kubota B7610

/ BX2750 snowblower #8  
Here is my set up window motor from e-bay $25 for 4 units, I have 3 spares.:D

Bar AL stock from HomeDepot $10, one socket, $3.95, 1 4 way connector $3.95.

Linear actuator from e-bay $75, 2 bolts from spare parts bin.

Attachments

• chute rotator.jpg
    chute rotator.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 3,360
  • chute lift.jpg
    chute lift.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 4,100
   / BX2750 snowblower #9  
NY_Yankees_Fan said:
Here is my set up window motor from e-bay $25 for 4 units, I have 3 spares.:D

Bar AL stock from HomeDepot $10, one socket, $3.95, 1 4 way connector $3.95.

Linear actuator from e-bay $75, 2 bolts from spare parts bin.

Any chance I could get a close-up of that bracket you made for the window motor? I found another one in the customization forum. Was going to use that but I like the simplicity of yours better.
Also, what's the stroke on your LA? I bought a 6" and I think it might be too long. Probably can get away with it but don't know if it's necessary.

Thanks for the info,
Keith
Kubota B7610

/ BX2750 snowblower #10  
Keith,

Here you go, hope this helps, if not let me know.

The aluminum strip is 2 inches wide I bent it in a vice.

I have added a few pictures from different views

The motor is just a window motor, does not matter from what car as long as it has a gear on the end. I went on e-bay, typed in window motor and got the cheapest I could find, just so happen the 4 were cheaper then one! My first thought was to JB weld a nut onto the gear. Then I gave it more thought and found if I trimmed the points on the gear a bit, I could get a socket to fit. I then used an old socket extension to connect the socket to the wire screw gear.

Attachments

• bracket close up.jpg
    bracket close up.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 3,073
  • side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 2,703
  • Chute full open.jpg
    Chute full open.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 2,528
  • chute open 2.jpg
    chute open 2.jpg