Need Part Number For Block Heater

/ Need Part Number For Block Heater #1  

TGD

Bronze Member
Tractor
BX2230
I have a BX2230 that has the freeze plugs and went to my dealer last week to get a block heater for it.

I need the correct Kubota part number for the freeze plug style heater so I can give it to the parts counter and have them get the correct heater.

It seems that my dealer could find the part number for the freeze plug style (he had the older screw in type) block heater, so instead sold me a 1" lower radiator hose heater. I can't see how I could get the lower radiator hose heater installed properly as there just does not look like there is enough room for a proper install.

My dealer is actually pretty good, but whatever parts system they use is really lacking as far as Kubota parts go. For example, their electronic parts book says the transmission case takes 2.7 quarts of SUDT instead of 2.7 gallons.

Engine specs:
BX2230D
D902 Engine
Ser. # 4U1056
Code: 1G470 - 00000

Thanks for the help,

Phil

/ Need Part Number For Block Heater
Attached are a couple shots of the heater I got from the dealer. The heater came shipped in a Kubota marked box from Kubota Tractor Corp. Groveport, OH and is not a Kubota branded heater. Has anyone installed this heater on a BX2230? Instructions call for an upward slope of lower hose towards the block and mounting the plug cap side of the heater facing up. I don't think there is enough room to do this without hitting the fan belt or the dynamo/ alternator. There is also no upward slope to the hose as far as I can tell towards the block It just kinda comes off the radiator makes a 90, then makes a U shaped loop under the alternator and goes into the block just above the oil filter.

Attachments

• Heater1.JPG
    Heater1.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,249
  • heater2.JPG
    heater2.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 867
   / Need Part Number For Block Heater #3  
According to my parts book, there are 4 different heaters available for BX series Kubotas.
  • 70000-73595 block heater for BX1800 and BX1830
  • 70000-73274 block heater for BX2200, BX22 and BX23
  • 70000-00298 lower radiator hose heater for BX1500 and BX2230
  • 70000-02968 lower radiator hose heater for BX2230 w/cab
Based on this it doesn't look like there is a freeze plug model for your tractor. Does the engine block have a freeze plug that can be removed? You can always try one of the first two parts above.

Thanks for the info Mad. According to the part number (70000-00298) and looking at the invoice for what I recieved , I do seem to have the correct part, though the invoice calls it a "Kit, Frost Plug".

Anyway, I have found out that while a tight fit, there is supposed to be enough room to install it in the straight part of the hose by the oil filter and just before the hose connects to the block. So I think I will try the install sometime this week and see how it goes.

Phil

/ Need Part Number For Block Heater #5  
If you are not certain, then ask the dealer how much to install the heater for you. If the dealer does the install, then if there is a problem, it is his problem. It might be worth the few extra dollars not to do the job yourself.
Dusty

/ Need Part Number For Block Heater #6  
Actually, there is. I recently posted the install of my block heater on my BX2350 here as a project. Im sure a quick search will turn it up. The instructions said it was for the 2230 as well. I do believe it was for all D902 engines as well as the BX1830 engine. In the project I posted is a pic of the block heater as well as the part number.

Did the search: Part number 70000-00771

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...9491-block-heater-install-project-bx2350.html

Charlie,

I looked at your posting but must have spaced out the photo with the part number in it. If I had noticed the part number, I would have given it to the parts counter to order. Guess I can see if they will take the one I have back and give them the new number so they can order the actual block heater. If not I will go ahead and install the hose heater.

I think the block style heater would be a faster install and keep me off the ground more, which would be good as there is still snow on the ground, and not to mention ifeels like it is 1* out.

Dusty, I could probably fit the hose heater in the space as I am pretty handy with tools, but it sure looks tight, and if I upgrade the dynamo to an alternator, then from reading other postings, there may not be enough room for both to fit. Kinda like trying to put 10 lbs of s... in a 5 lb bag. I could let the dealer handle the whole thing, but I want the satisfaction of doing it myself.

Thanks,

Phil

/ Need Part Number For Block Heater #8  
I believe that what you need to order is a Kubota shoe horn to get all that under the hood of the tractor. Let me know how it goes, because I have the opposite problem. I need to put the heater in the lower hose, so my heater return hose can go to the engine block. So many choices, so little room for them.:D