BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe

/ BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe #1  

mm7924mm

I have a new 2350 and after really working this machine hard I would like to add a backhoe. I see some aftermarket units thats attach to the 3 point hitch, while others have a whole sub frame? Whats better and why?

Last edited:
   / BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe #2  
There was a thread on this very topic in the buying forum - click here.

Especially if you're working the machine hard, the subframe mount is the way to go - a backhoe can create a lot of twisting/bending force that's better handled by a beefier frame. The thread mentioned above has a link to the installation guide for the Woods 2350 subframe - it's a pretty solid unit but pricey at $4-$5K.

/ BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe #3  
mm7924mm said:
I have a new 2350 and after really working this machine hard I would like to add a backhoe. I see some aftermarket units thats attach to the 3 point hitch, while others have a whole sub frame? Whats better and why?

I added the Woods BH 6000 Groundbreaker X to my BX 2200 last spring (actually my Wife surprised me with it for my 50th) and I really like it. I have no real experience with other back hoes but the Woods is easy to operate, installs and removes like a breeze, and has similar capacity than the Kubota hoe that came on the BX22. The subframe is really beefy and the whole thing is well designed.

As CRD said, you want a hoe with the sub frame on this tractor due to the twisting force. The Kubota BX series tractors with the factory hoes all have frame re-enforcement added so that should be a pretty good indicator.

/ BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe #4  
mm7924mm said:
The main glitch is the ROPS is to Short on this tractor.
There have been reports of people being crushed between the BH and the ROPS when Combining 2 short of a Rops with a 3 Point BH.

/ BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe #5  
rbarker said:
As CRD said, you want a hoe with the sub frame on this tractor due to the twisting force. .
A 3 point BH on a tractor with a short rops like the BX2350 has is a dangerous combination?

/ BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe #6  
LBrown59 said:
There have been reports of people being crushed between the BH and the ROPS when Combining 2 short of a Rops with a 3 Point BH.

Where are these reports? I have not heard of any injuries such as you describe.

/ BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe #7  
The Woods BH for the 2230 and 2350 is not a 3PH BH but a frame mounted BH. The kit more than doubles the frame rigidness and in reality makes the frame more stout than the BX23 or BX24. I've had the BH6000 on my BX2230 for a few years and it has been HEAVILY abused without any issues. The only real problem I've had is with poor hydraulic connections.

/ BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe #8  
LBrown59 said:

Not an issue on the BX with the Woods kit. If you are seat belted you would not have this issue.

/ BX2350 - Can you add a backhoe #10  
Scrounger said:
Not an issue on the BX with the Woods kit. If you are seat belted you would not have this issue.
But the Rops is still shorter than it should be.
I don't see where the seat belt has anything to do with it.:confused: