Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100D

Default Re: Backhoe for B-6100 - Great Bend 652

Quote Originally Posted by wanna_be_farmer
    I would like some pictures! love tractor pic's! I have the loader with frame also. Curious about taking off the three point with the factory roll over added to it.
    Thanks Rory

I took the hoe off before I saw your pic request. I looked around but do not have any close-ups of the hoe mounted on the tractor. I have attached a few pics of the last time I used it. One of my projects in putting in a row of grapes along the fence line with the neighbors to form a hedge in the summer.

I had ripped out some small trees, bushes etc. and then dug out a shallow trench so that I could mix in some soil amendments where the grapes are going to be planted (old horse manure, compost etc.) Part of it was also to explore where the previous owner ran irrigation lines out the pump house seen on the right. There is a large pond further to the 'right' of the pump house and the large bush.

Nov06 012sm.jpg
    Nov06 013sm.jpg

You'll note that I do not have a ROPS. I am not so sure that one will fit due to the fact that when you spin the seat around and face backwards to use the hoe I think it would be right where your legs go. I should probably back up to the hoe and take some pics of the operators platform and get opinions on that.

I will for sure grab some pics of what the hoe looks like off the tractor and what the rear looks like when you have it stripped down to mount the hoe.

Charles

Tractor
    Kubota B6100D

Charles, thanks for the pics. Looks like it does a fine job. Any others pics of it up close I would love to see. Thanks Rory

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100D

Here are a couple of pics of the hoe by itself.

In the first pic you can see the rails that come forward and bolt on to the FEL subframe. The 'v' shaped area with the filter on it is the hydraulic reservoir with platforms for your feet on either side. Down where the PTO pump is resting you can see a round cross-bar. This is probably the biggest downside to the design, every time you change over to/from the hoe there are brackets that you bolt/remove on the rear differentatial. Slows things down and the previous owner was nice enough to strip out one of three bolts on each side. A heli-coil kit is on my shopping list You also have to pull off the hitch and all the three point parts. My tires appear to be flipped 'inside out' so that the shallow part of the rim offset is on the inboard side, probably to increase the stance for more stability with the hoe. This means every time I take the bar for the liftarms out I have to take off one of the rear tires.

backhoe1sm.jpg

The rest are just different shots/angles. I believe this hoe was purchased brand new back when with the tractor. Many of the hyd lines have the outer jacket coming off but otherwise look in good shape. Almost all of the cylinders leak a little fluid. Only real problem I have with it is the swing seems weak. There is a bit of a kink in the suction line going to the pump when mounted or it could mean repack. In the spring I am going to cut a bit off this hose and see if that helps take the kink out.

backhoe2sm.jpg

backhoe3sm.jpg

backhoe4sm.jpg

backhoe5sm.jpg

Not sure when I will get a chance to do a 'rigged demo' of the hoe on the tractor so you get an idea of what that looks like. Maybe over the next few days if it drys out like it supposed to.

Charles

Tractor
    Kubota B2620, Toro 2000 Series Z Master

Thats a pretty cool little setup you got. Thanks for the pics.

Tractor
    TYM T273

Well, I went against everyones advice and got a 3pt backhoe. I bought a used K-650 kubota BH and hope I will be able to fabricate a subframe for it. I would love to hear from anyone that may have a K-650 because I cannot find much info on it.

Thanks for all the responses and the great pictures.

Tractor
    Kubota B6100D

Good for you! Please some pics when you have it hooked up?
    Kubota B6100D Sabre 2554

Tractor
    Kubota B6100D

Sorry to dig this back up. Ran across this company today at work.
    Anyone heard of them?

SpitFire Backhoe Attachments For Tractors Under 20 HP PTO

Sounds like what the 6100 ordered.
    Rory
    Kubota B6100D Sabre 2554

Tractor
    Kubota B6100D

Have you ever gotten that K-650 going?

Does anyone know if that model will work on a B6100 that has a sub-frame from a loader?
    Thanks
    Rory
    Kubota B6100D Sabre 2554

Tractor
    TYM T273

Sorry, it has taken so long to update this thread. I know I said I bought the used K-650 3pt backhoe quite a while back, but I finally found the time to get down to TX to pick it up the first week in June.

For the price, I think I got a pretty good deal, but now the work begins. I know little to nothing about hydraulics and am not sure if I can make it work with my B-6100. I really don't think there is any way I can do it without a subframe but I will certainly find out.

After getting the hoe back home a giving it a closer inspection, it looks like it is going to need all new hoses for sure and I would guess all new seal kits for the cylinders, maybe even seal kits for the 2 valves.

I have looked at the hydraulic rods and don't see much pitting however there is quite a bit of rust on them that I may try to sand off. Any suggestions would be appreciated. May be better off going to a hydraulic shop.

I have also already taken the backhoe apart as I decided to sandblast and repaint the implement. The seat is missing and it needs a few nuts, bolts, etc....

If anyone has any information on the K-650 backhoe I would love to hear from them.

I have started a photo gallery for all the pictures and will be uploading some stuff shortly.

limesecurity.com - Home

Tractor
    TYM T273

As far as I am concerned, consider this thread closed. I will be posting my backhoe project in the project forum instead. The link above will likely not work in the near future.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast