Backhoe Backhoe for B-6100 - Great Bend 652

/ Backhoe for B-6100 - Great Bend 652 #1  

myyaz33

Platinum Member
Tractor
TYM T273
Does anyone know if I could attach a Great Bend 652 backhoe to my B-6100? I imagine I will have to get a PTO Hydraulic pump to run it, but I am curious about the weight. Not sure if 3pt or frame mount would be best.

About Great Bend

/ Backhoe for B-6100 - Great Bend 652 #2  
May have to call them and see if they recommend it. I would sure be interested if they do! Sure would like one on my old 6100. Please post back results.

/ Backhoe for B-6100 - Great Bend 652 #3  
According to my manual the max weight for a backhoe is 600 lbs and that a sub frame is needed to do it. The 3ph is only rated for 300 lbs.

/ Backhoe for B-6100 - Great Bend 652 #4  
I've seen other posts on other boards about the same thing. No one recommends a 3 pt hitch BH for the B series tractors.

/ Backhoe for B-6100 - Great Bend 652 #5  
LHoyer said:
I've seen other posts on other boards about the same thing. No one recommends a 3 pt hitch BH for the B series tractors.

No one except the company that designed, engineered, sold and warranties the B series tractor. Kubota has sold 3 point hitch backhoes for the B series for years.

/ Backhoe for B-6100 - Great Bend 652 #6  
Do you know what Model number Kubota offered with the B6100? I have seen them from time to time on Ebay. But never cought the #.

/ Backhoe for B-6100 - Great Bend 652
Thanks for the replies on the backhoe and it looks like I am stuck with trying to locate a Kubota backhoe that was meant for this model.

wanna_be - I think the model that fits the B6100 would be the B670 Kubota backhoe.

/ Backhoe for B-6100 - Great Bend 652 #8  
I have a b7100 with the b670 backhoe. The instructions I have for the 'attaching kit' says it will hook up to a 7100 or 6100 with the b219 loader (which I have). There are rails on the hoe that come forward to attach to the loader cross frame and some hanger brackets that you mount to the rear axle housing. Not sure if there are other ways to mount this hoe e.g. 3pt.

It is a nice little hoe, mine has the 16" bucket which digs fine in the soil we have around here. It only takes about 10 minutes or less to drop the hoe but takes about a while to re-assemble all the 3pt, hitch etc. parts back onto the tractor. All together it is about an hour to swap the hoe on or off.

I have it mounted on the tractor right now but will be dropping it today or tomorrow so if anyone wants pics let me know.

Charles

/ Backhoe for B-6100 - Great Bend 652 #9  
If you're going to put a backhoe on your 3 point, you need to consider talking to your dealer. It requires a heavy duty top link bracket as well as frame supports to give the tractor some extra support to offset the stresses presented by the hoe.

/ Backhoe for B-6100 - Great Bend 652 #10  
I would like some pictures! love tractor pic's! I have the loader with frame also. Curious about taking off the three point with the factory roll over added to it.
Thanks Rory