My BX23's 2006 cost of operation/ownership

/ My BX23's 2006 cost of operation/ownership #1  

Volfandt

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 Kubota BX23, 1966 WheelHorse 856
One neat thing about microsoft money( or any similar software) is that you can easily track just about any expenditure with just a few clicks of the mouse. In my case I just built a "favorite" report on my BX23's fuel and maintenance costs and it tain't bad for this yr.
It does help that I haven't had any failures in the two yrs I've owned it. And now that it's coming out of it's 2 yr warranty, I sure hope it holds true

Fuel use for 2006... $165.49 (this is approx 100 hrs of use)
Maintenance costs...$35.82 (this is oil, air & oil filters for the 200 hr maintenance, I was the labor)
Additional costs.......$44.48 ( this is for a new set of gatorblades and an adaptor sleeve to make 'em work).

If'n my math ain't too far off, I rekon that amounts to about $245.79 / 100 hrs = $2.4579 per hr of use. Which is also about what a gallon of diesel fuel costs

/ My BX23's 2006 cost of operation/ownership #2  
amortize the depreciation in value over a year - you'll put a LOT more hours on :D

russell in texas

/ My BX23's 2006 cost of operation/ownership #3  
Compared to rentals, the savings is amazing. Especially if you live in an area where the landscapers kill you for even the most basic project.

/ My BX23's 2006 cost of operation/ownership #4  
The upkeep on my tractor is minimal, the upkeep on my wife is the expensive part of the equation.:D :D :D This time last year, she lost her credit card. I never reported it missing. The person that found it was spending less. :)

/ My BX23's 2006 cost of operation/ownership #5  
Dusty said:
The upkeep on my tractor is minimal, the upkeep on my wife is the expensive part of the equation.:D :D :D This time last year, she lost her credit card. I never reported it missing. The person that found it was spending less. :)

That is a story!!

/ My BX23's 2006 cost of operation/ownership #6  
rdsaustintx said:
amortize the depreciation in value over a year - you'll put a LOT more hours on :D

russell in texas

Maybe, maybe not. I looked high and low for a good deal on a used Kubota up here in Minnesota over the spring. I found a few, but none that justified buying used. The really high resale value on these Kubota BX's was one of the things that made me decide to go Kubota.

/ My BX23's 2006 cost of operation/ownership
amortize the depreciation in value over a year - you'll put a LOT more hours on
Speaking of putting more hrs on it, I discovered right off that it makes an excellent mail retrieval vehicle, it makes that drive down my 200' driveway and back a breeze :D

This time last year, she lost her credit card. I never reported it missing. The person that found it was spending less.
You're on to something there, that may be the only way to slow my Mrs down :D

/ My BX23's 2006 cost of operation/ownership #8  
Volfandt said:
Speaking of putting more hrs on it, I discovered right off that it makes an excellent mail retrieval vehicle, it makes that drive down my 200' driveway and back a breeze

Yeah, but takes practice to float/curl those letters :)

RDnT

/ My BX23's 2006 cost of operation/ownership #9  
That is cheap but you have to bouble the cost per hour to get a long term cost. I always figure five bucks an hour for my 7510 fel and 60" mmm. I worked it hard cutting high weeds and thick grass so I figure five bucks per hour. 3000 hrs times five will pay for the tractor not including insurance, maint., fuel and repaires. I paid 13,300 for it a year ago.

/ My BX23's 2006 cost of operation/ownership #10  
My biggest expense is buying more things to attach to bx-23 (box blade brush forks thumb skid plates grapple carry all middle/subsoilier 2 sets gator blades fiberglass sun shade extra lights swivel beer er pop can holder) followed by fuel and sudt(tractor very low on delivery)

Ah well he who has the most toys wins da game

Pat R