BX Front Mount Snowblower!

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower! #1  

the_g

Tractor
Kubota- BX2200
Finally! We "got snow"! My first chance to try out my new toy had arrived. After reading several posts about the problems that people have had with snowblowers, both front and rear mounted I was getting a little nervous about how mine was going to work. I had 12" of the fresh white stuff on my lawn when I awoke on monday morning so it was time to find out for myself. WOW! That's all I can say is WOW! This thing is an absolute "Snow Eatin Machine"! Cleaned my yard up in know time at all. I also went back at it last night when I got home as we had gained another 2" during the day. It didn't seem to make much of a difference, 12" or 2", the blower seems to work great with both. The only problem I have now is that I hope we don't get any warm weather soon because it will look like my property was spared of any snow at all and I'll have to start mowing instead. I cleared the front, both sides and the back of the house too! You could drive a tractor trailer around the house easily right now! I just couldn't stop I was having so much fun. As soon as we get a storm that I can work on during the daylight hours I'll take some "action" shots to post. The only problem I found was that if I lifted the blower too much in the air while it was running I could here some strange noises coming from the area of the front mount. I suspect it was the front PTO shaft rubbing on some Ice or packed snow in that area. I haven't had alot of time to investigate that yet but other then that I'm extremely pleased and would recommend a front mount blower for anyone with a BX.

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower! #2  
That was a good storm for you to try out the blower..12" for the first time.

In time you will learn some short cuts..such as..less extra turns..blowing around objects etc..
than the fun really begins..so have fun an enjoy.

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower! #3  
Have you conidered blowing it all back and then redoing it?

Egon

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower!
Hmmmmmmmmmm! I know what I'm doing after work today! Thanks for the idea!

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower! #5  
Sounds like too much fun. Did you opt for the electric chute rotater? Are you using any chains? All I can say is that I am jealous!

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower! #6  
I have heard that noise while using my snowblower for the first time. I think it might be from the drive shaft cover mounted on the snow blower. On mine it is painted black and appears to vibrate. I was able to move it easily by hand and think that because it is not attached firmly on the bottom it may be rattling when in use.
BPD239

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower! #7  
Mine has made the same noise before and tightening up the two long quarter inch bolts on the black chain cover/pto shield took care of that. Note, I would recommend after a few hours operation removing the cover and checking the set screws on the chain drive spockets. I discovered mine were quite loose the last time I was inspecting the drive chain for tension.

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower! #8  
No doubt about it -- the BX with snowblower is a great combination. Someone asked about chains. I don't know about you -- but I thought I'd try things without chains this year. I've got turf tires and I'm on a hill. It wasn't a marvelous plan. FWD doesn't do much good when things get icy. The chains are now on and life is good.

Have fun! And congrats on your new toy!

Huck

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower!
No Chains, I have the Bar tires, 10 gallons of windshield washer fluid in each and a Woods RB60 60" rear scraper blade on the back. My driveway is quite steep and it didn't seem to matter if I was blowing up the hill or down, I had no traction problems at all. I'll have to check the driveshaft cover and the set screws because they are talking about another possible snow storm this weekend. "Bring it on"! hahahahahahaha

Mike
New Hampshire

/ BX Front Mount Snowblower! #10  
The wind was whipping things up around here and put an icy glaze on the driveway. I had no problem doing the initial pass without chains but 8 hours later, I did a pass to get rid of drifted snow. When I hit the glaze on the way up the driveway the little tractor that could suddenly couldn't. I started sliding backwards on the ice and it was disconcerting. I slid off the driveway and onto the grass. I turned around on the grass and headed back down the hill.

My tires are loaded with a calcium mix -- but no amount of weight or tread design would have helped on that ice. I put the chains on and attacked that same section and my BX was once again the little tractor that could.

The trip on the ice made me think a 3pt sand spreader would be a worthwhile investment. I heard Herd has a good one that would fit the BX. Anyone know a ballpark price on one of those babies? My dealer tends to overprice things unless I tell him what I should be able to buy it for./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif TBN has been very useful in keeping him in line.