Wheel weight for BX

/ Wheel weight for BX #1  

16valex

Silver Member
Tractor
bx23
Folks, where to get some wheel weight for a BX23? I don't want to deal with calcium fill or any liquid fill due to the nature of rusting out my rims, but this just me.
Alex

/ Wheel weight for BX #2  
The rear tire size is a standard in the industry, and you can get wheel weights at most dealers that sell garden tractors. I have a older set from a Bolens HT20/23 and I know that they will fit the BX. I also had a set of yellow and green ones that came with a tractor that I purchased.
Dusty

/ Wheel weight for BX
Thank you for your response. The Rim guard sounds very interesting, but still, how do you stop liquid from oozing out under stress of working in the mud and woods? I guess, I'm going to ask my dealer if he has some good deal for me. Thanks again.

Alex

/ Wheel weight for BX #5  
Alex, I used windshield washer fluid to fill mine. Bought a nifty little filler attachment at NAPA. You raise a rear wheel (one at a time, please), pull the valve core, attach this little adapter and then pump or pour in the fluid. My BX2200 holds 5 gals in each rear tire. Made a world of difference in traction when using the FEL. Not so good if you're mowing a real lawn (I'm not). I've not had a leak in the 3 years I've had it in. And if it did leak, no problem, it's non-toxic. No worries about it rusting the wheels either. And way cheaper than almost every other alternative.

/ Wheel weight for BX #6  
I know KUBOTA make a rear set of bolt on weights (think 55# each) as an option. Don't have a price as wasn't broken out in my package but if I remember they said $28 each which really sounded cheap for name brand K stuff. Got 4 42# suitcases for about $100 on e-bay including shipping if you run a quik hitch or trailer puller/fab a bracket and can hang off them

Pat R