Front mount snowblower questions

/ Front mount snowblower questions #1  

sparkle

I'm wondering if some of you have experience with a front snowblower (72 inches) from Kubota. I like the idea of looking forward but is there a trade off?
I have a L5030 HSTC with R4 tires and my first question is about the clearance underneath the tractor. I understand that the set up stays on permanently and the blower is a quick attach type. Does it hinder in some cases for some jobs? How much clearance is left over with R4's? Sofar I'm blowing snow,do some loader work, cut grass and I have intentions to rotor till a fair amount coming season. My second question has to do with the loader set up. As I understand from the Dealer, the brackets can stay on. Is it also possible to put the loader back on with the snowblower set up minus the blower? The Dealer didn't know, he will inquire because they haven't sold any yet. My third and last question is about the quality of the snow blower. Anybody some experience there?
Thanks to all and Happy Holidays!

/ Front mount snowblower questions #2  
Hello sparkle, If the L front blower set up is the same as the B (27 series) i think it is, the blower and the subframe can break away from each other by simply pulling one lever, in other words, you can remove the blower,leave the subframe in place and remount the fel. There is one monster pin that holds the subframe in place, thats the way the 2782 (63") mounts up to my B3030.

/ Front mount snowblower questions #3  
I had another looksee at the blower today as its been some time since she was on the tractor. There is also a monster screw clamp that mounts up to the front plate that works in conjunction with the subframe pin. The blower has about 10" of ground clearence when in the up position. The machine work on the subframe/blower is impressive. I had a 26 series on my b7500, the 27 series is much improved from the ground up, if it ever snows again i can take her out for sea trials.

/ Front mount snowblower questions #4  
Hi Sparkle-I have a 5030HSTC with the sub frame for the blower and a blade.
It has a 5 point connect (2 pins on each side and a receiver for the front of the draw bar) and only takes a few minutes to install/remove after you have done it a few times.Haven't used the blower yet but it looks as good as the ones I have had before.Hasn't been too much of a problem with it on doing loader work but gets in the way sorting logs with the grapple.I have never beeh stuck because of it but it's an issue if you get stuck with it on.I always take it off when I'm working in the woods.Seems to be a good setup so far- the blade and the blower go on and off in minutes.I'll try to get some pictures when the rain quits.
Bill

/ Front mount snowblower questions
Thanks Guys for your input.
Bill, I would appreciate the pictures when it is possible. Do I understand well that the sub frame disconnect easy and this can be done on my own? Not too heavy to lift?
Would you also know the clearance with the sub frame on?
I alsoknow that Erskine has a simular set up. Did you look into that when you decided? If so why did yoy prefer the Kubota?
Thanks a lot again!

/ Front mount snowblower questions #6  
The sub frame is heavy but you use the cylinder on it to lift or lower when you take it off or on.I take mine off a lot and only takes about 5 minutes.
It gives you about 7" clearance when on.I didn't look at any other options when I bought it because we have a good dealer and I got a good price on the whole package.I will attempt to attach some pictures with this post......
Bill

Attachments

• 100_1157.JPG
    100_1157.JPG
    993.9 KB · Views: 418
  • 100_1159.JPG
    100_1159.JPG
    745.8 KB · Views: 349
  • 100_1161.JPG
    100_1161.JPG
    548.6 KB · Views: 317
  • 100_1162.JPG
    100_1162.JPG
    723.8 KB · Views: 381
   / Front mount snowblower questions #7  
Very nice pics and great setup.
Bob

Thanks Bill, the pictures are very helpfull! Could you also confirm that there is full freedom of movement with the bucket on? Then it looks in my case I can leave the subframe on all winter long.
Also I have a double valve for the loader, is there a third one required, (angle of the chute) or can that be done manually?

/ Front mount snowblower questions #9  
Hey Sparkle-I think the last picture shows the clearance with the loader all the way down.The sub frame never gets in the way with the bucket on.The loader has to come off when using the blower or blade.The hydraulics for the front mount epuipment plug into the loader spools.Then you use the joy stick for up/down and left/right for the blade and the blower is up/down and chute swing l/r.I use a linear actuator for the deflector.I am installing a third function valve for the grapple (instead of one of the remotes) and I will wire the blower actuator to the switch on the new joy stick.The Kubota blowers come with a manual defector and their electric version is over 500$.Hope all this helps.
regards Bill

This indeed answered all of my questions Bill. I appreciate your imput and effort to take the pictures very much. After all this an important decision and I'm convinced now that this is the way to go for me!