B7800 3Pt Hitch Position Indicator

/ B7800 3Pt Hitch Position Indicator #11  
Thanks for your efforts Fjord. I will make up one of these tomorrow

/ B7800 3Pt Hitch Position Indicator #12  
I appreciate all the info however hard to do on my 7800 for I have removed the ROP need to determine another way if i can, perhaps a adjustable turnbuckle with chain of some sort just not sure where to atttach the chain.
I am thinking of attaching it to the adjustable lower lift arm and then some place on the tractor. with a good turnbuckle could adjust it for different depths. what does everyone think?

/ B7800 3Pt Hitch Position Indicator
If you only removed the ROPS down to fender level, and the part that comes up from the PTO housing is still there maybe you could make a crosspiece that fits in where the ROPS came out and fasten your turnbuckles to that. Hopefully you've got a welder. If you're new to this forum you'll probably hear a lot of criticizm for removing your ROPS. Don't worry, I assume you had your reasons for removing it , and once that decision is made I don't see any harm in helping you with your modifications. I leave mine on because it's there, but my old tractor didn't have any ROPS or brakes and I survived it for 10 years.That being said the B7800 is probably less stable than my old tractor.Hopefully you've given enough consideration to the type of work you're doing and the type of terrain you're doing it on.Let us know what you come up with.

/ B7800 3Pt Hitch Position Indicator #14  
Nice solution with a mechanical gauge, but I was wondering if this could be done electronically. I was thinking of using a gas tank sending unit from a junk yard. Attach it mechanically near the 3pt pivot point with a linkage. As the link moves up and down the sending unit would move in sync. Get a cheap gauge from any auto parts store and connect one 12v power source. With some minor calibration you could have an electronic level indicator.

I wonder...