L39 Wheel Weights/spacers for Chains, need dimensions.

/ L39 Wheel Weights/spacers for Chains, need dimensions. #1  

mike69440

Elite Member
Tractor
1984 Kubota B7200D (Sold 2015,) 2005 L39 Kubota, 2006 RTV 900 1997 Komatsu PC75UU2E w/ Thumb & Blade, 2013 Mahindra Max28XL Shuttle
Hi everyone.

I plan on asking our shop do some do some "Government Work".

I want to add some weight and spread the track out a bit on my L39.

Each weight will be a bit more than 200 Lbs each in steel and spread the rear track an additional 1.62"

I will draw the Fabrication/machine detail Parts list in Cad and post drawing.

What I need is the following dimensions, exact as possible.

If some one can measure using Vernier Calipers or Micrometers the following dimensions:

1.) Tractor Wheel Hub Flange Outside Diameter (213 MM +/-?)

2.) Tractor Hub Wheel centering Fit diameter and height engagement. (133 MM +/-?, 3MM?)

3.) Wheel Center Hole Center inside diameter. (133 MM +/-?)

4.) Wheel Bolt Circle Diameter (173 MM +/-?)

5.) Wheel Lug Hole Size. (18 MM +/-?)

6.) Wheel Stud length, Thread and Pitch (?,?,?)

7.) Wheel Bolt length , Thread and Pitch (?,?,?)

8.) Wheel Center flange Thickness. (?)

9.) Wheel Backside inside diameter at flange. (17” +/-?)

I was not able to get any better than some crude measurements as my tractor is tucked away for the winter up north and I was not up for crawling around in the dark and dirt.
I would very much appreciate if someone can provide this information.

Also if you can get the I.D. dimension of the bottom loader tube cross piece and depth, I plan on added some bar stock for a bit more weight there.

Thanks,
Mike

/ L39 Wheel Weights/spacers for Chains, need dimensions.
Attached is my drawing for the L39 wheel weight/Spacers that will add 410 Lbs of stablizing traction and allow clearance for chains.

Attachments

• l39_Wheel_Wt#1.pdf
    36.8 KB · Views: 315
Could anyone get me the inside dimension of the pipe on the loader cross tube and the depth to the first obsruction. I am going to weight the tube with some scrap bar and need to know the dimensions.

Wheel stud info for spacers.

Attachments

• Wheel_Stud_Info_for_L39_with_1in_spacers.pdf
    85.4 KB · Views: 226
I got to measure my L-39 Loader tubes to have them filled with weights. I will fill them with a pair of 4.075" dia x 15.75" long steel bars for adding an additional 110 lbs. down low. This should also weight the front for better steering up hills and the extra weight will help driving into a pile and back dragging.

I have now a nice place to store my tractor for the winter, thanks to my neigbor.

Attachments

• L-39_in_Tribs_Barn#2@RRE_01_14_07.JPG
    L-39_in_Tribs_Barn#2@RRE_01_14_07.JPG
    774.3 KB · Views: 191
  • l39_Wheel_Wt#1.pdf
    36.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
I guess MB Tractor does not have a good grip on Kubota parts.

When I called regarding longer Wheel studs or bolts or the l39, MB told me matter of fact they are not available from Kubota. They said I was not the first person to ask about chains.

So I guess Riverside tractor in Vermont is lying to me.
Welcome to Riverside Tractor & Equipment
Yeah right. When I get the little bag of 16 x 1.5x 60 MM studs & nuts, I drop by to rub it in MB's nose. Trouble is, I doubt they care.

I goofed in sizing my loader tube weights. I know better not to allow for shrinkage of the loader tube where it is welded to the upright.

My wheel weights are in the paint shop. All told these will add another 530 lbs ND bring the weight of my L39 to +7800 w/ bucket dry weight.

Tractor is undercover for winter.
Our neighbors Barn is coming along.

Attachments

• L39_in_tribs-Barn#1-2-12-07.pdf
    501.8 KB · Views: 190
  • L39_TL-1000_Weight_Opps_2-12-07.pdf
    596.7 KB · Views: 167
   / L39 Wheel Weights/spacers for Chains, need dimensions. #6  
why what did riverside tractor tell you ? I don't get it . I bought my equipment from them I found them to be very helpful.

I was slamming MB Tractor parts people for being clueless for not having any idea of Kubota parts avaialility for wheel spacers.

Riverside is on the ball as they did the research to find exactly what I needed.

The guy at MB could not believe that Kubota made the speciality studs, thats why I jokingly said Riversided lied.

It was a pleasant experience to deal eith Riverside.

Too bad the MB, who is exactly 4 miles away in Tilton NH could not be that supportive. Hats off to Riverside.

Some Photo's of L39 tractor and weights.

I think the 60 MM studs I ordered are too short. The 80 mm long studs will be lomg , but i will use washers to space the nuts

Attachments

• L39-TL1000_Loader_Tube_Weights_Test_Fit.pdf
    134 KB · Views: 196
  • L39_rear_wheel_weights_Not_Installed&Borgford_#1_2-18-07.pdf
    178.3 KB · Views: 211
  • L39_Borgford_Weights,_tribs_Barn_2-18-07.pdf
    166.5 KB · Views: 177