Questions about new (sort of) B7100 HST

/ Questions about new (sort of) B7100 HST #1  

teach

Silver Member
I just purchased a 1990 B7100 HST, 4x4, with a Kubota loader and turf tires. Does anyone know what size tire chains I need for the rear tires? Also, can I expect this machine to have the same pulling power (trailer, skidding trees, etc.) as my 1983 STD 4x4 B7100 (which the wife must go now!)? Next, from time to time I run a tiller, brush hog, and auger with the older machine just fine, will the new machine handle these as well (I'm aware the PTO horsepower is slightly less on the newer HST model)? Finally, does anyone have any pictures of their B7100 showing it with attachments on it, or showing it and the projects they have tackled with it? Any info. about this machine would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Teach

/ Questions about new (sort of) B7100 HST #2  
i've got a B7100D that i think is a '79, and its the most awesome tractor i've owned. we call it mighty mouse. i need the model number of the loader so i can order a cylinder for it. its out of production, but i've got a parts wizard in oregon who can find anything if i can give him enough info. do u know the model number of your loader?

/ Questions about new (sort of) B7100 HST #3  
As far as the tire chains go-go to www.tirecahin.com they have listings for various tire sizes.

/ Questions about new (sort of) B7100 HST #5  
Congrats on your new little mule teach.
Running attachments your going to find low range will work the best,also pulling,on slopes,loader work,but than again on flat ground w/mower or bucket full you will find hi range can do the job....you'll get the feel in no time.

I have 1995 B7100HST w/frontend loader,rear mower and if you need info I'll do my best to help.

I don't have pics of Woods rear blade,York rake,Kubota rear mower conncected to B7100HST...but I do have snowplow and ballast tho.

Keep the little mule grease and the radiator clean.

Last edited:
   / Questions about new (sort of) B7100 HST #6  
I'm the proud owner of a 93 B7100 HST.

As per Thomas a little mule.

Attachments

• rake.JPG
    rake.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 401
  • bucket.JPG
    bucket.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 288
  • stump 2.JPG
    stump 2.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 339
   / Questions about new (sort of) B7100 HST
LHoyer,
Thanks for the tire chain info. Great site!
Teach

/ Questions about new (sort of) B7100 HST #8  
Morning teach.
As you request.

Plow frame bolted to bucket.
Piece of 3/8" flat iron on back side of bucket for support for plow frame.
Top pin only use when the snow wet...to keep down pressure on plow.
At 45 degress end of the blade stick out be on 6" of rear tire.
Tire chains came w/the tractor...I have no info.

Good thing about plow setup,one can push the snow banks up high also pull one pin and your free to use the bucket....bad thing,one has to get off the tractor to adjust blade for different angle.

If your going to atach plow to bucket,do consider some sort of rear weight box.

I also have 5' woods blade...keep your adjustment chains etc.. tight or you might dent the fenders.

Last edited:
   / Questions about new (sort of) B7100 HST #9  
Some more pics of our B7100 at work.

Attachments

• all.JPG
    all.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 237
  • dragging log.JPG
    dragging log.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 247
  • gathering windrow.JPG
    gathering windrow.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 202
  • mopving rock.JPG
    mopving rock.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 231
  • rotatiller.JPG
    rotatiller.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 224
  • drawbar.JPG
    drawbar.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 223
  • tilled field.JPG
    tilled field.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 221
   / Questions about new (sort of) B7100 HST #10  
Afternoon Egon.
Soooo when are you going to mention to the gentlmen about the sore elbow which might happen after hours use of FEL. ;)