Mowing BX-23 Mower Deck Cart

/ BX-23 Mower Deck Cart #1  

willjack

Tractor
BX-23
I bought a mower deck with my BX-23 and don't intend to use it until my landscape mower dies. I wanted to get it off the floor in my basement so I built this mower deck cart. I figure it may come in handy some day to give me a nice work stand when removing the blades. To get the mower deck on the cart, I lifted two corners on to the cart and then swung up the other side. Then, there are two threaded rods with fingers that grab the mower deck and hold it securely. I really tried to get the center of gravity well between the casters for safety. Once the deck was secure, I tried to tip/rock the cart from the top horizontal bar and it seemed very safe.

Attachments

• Mower_deck_cart_1.jpg
    Mower_deck_cart_1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,319
  • Mower_deck_cart_2.jpg
    Mower_deck_cart_2.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 805
   / BX-23 Mower Deck Cart #2  
Wow!! That is one sweet shiney lookng deck. I felt butterflies looking at such a nice looking deck. :)

/ BX-23 Mower Deck Cart #3  
Looks good & stout. That should stow your MMM with no problem.
I opted for a set of mower axle wheels to stow mine.

Those MMM's look might pretty brand new :D

When you do get to mowing with it, I recommend two things.
#1, set up the MMM per instructions. Who ever wrote those instructions for Kubota messed up and did it right :D
Once properly setup, the MMM will give you a great finish cut, as good or better than any dedicated mower.

#2, adapt a set of gatorblades (gb's) to it. Although the std blades work fine, the gb's take it to another level. Theychop up the clippings so well that your side discharge debris is cut down by half, and it's finer :D

Attachments

• BX23 MMM stand.jpg
    BX23 MMM stand.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 706
   / BX-23 Mower Deck Cart
Wow, I wish I had seen your mower stand before I built mine! I like simple and functional. I initially wanted to stand the mower on end then decided if it ever fell over, someone would be dead. I also had an idea of a square frame with four caster. Inside of the square frame, I was going to have two shafts that would stick out and would attach where your mower axles attach. I bought the steel and then decided that I do not have the welding experience to have the two shafts spaced the same as the mower frame, especially when hot and cold.

These two projects were probably the fourth and fifth welding projects I have done so I need to keep it simple. I had a lot of trouble with warping under heat while I was welding the real heavy steel plates to the smaller walled square tubing so I am still learning......