Oil & Fuel B2630 Oil Filter

/ B2630 Oil Filter #1  

sarti

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 BX2670
I was wondering if any one has been able to cross reference the engine
oil filter (70000-74034) to another brand other than Kubota. I crossed the the rest of the filters with Wix #'s but this one won't cross.... Thanks

/ B2630 Oil Filter #2  
HERE'S FRAM'S X-REF

Found (1 - 1 of 1) USE AS A GUIDE ONLY - Application Must Be Verified
Manufacturer Competitor Part Number FRAM Part Number Notes
KUBOTA 70000-74034 = FRAM# PH3593A

/ B2630 Oil Filter #3  
Ok I use Fram filters in my truck's. There has been talk on here that Fram is not a good filter?? I actually cut one apart 2 weeks ago and didnt see anything wrong with the construction of the filter but im no filter engineer. I'm not opposed to using a Fram filter but i am currious if anyone else is using a Fram filter on there Kubota. I have been buying Kubota filters. I think they run $9-12.

/ B2630 Oil Filter #4  
For the amount of time we change filters on a tractor, I would stick with the Kubota brand. I mean how much $$ are you really going to save using say a FRAM or other vendor's filter?

As far as FRAM goes, I once saw a comparison between a cut open FRAM oil filter and a cut open WIX oil filter and there was no comparison. The FRAM was junk compared to the WIX. I personally would stay away from FRAM.

/ B2630 Oil Filter #5  
Barnboy said:
Ok I use Fram filters in my truck's. There has been talk on here that Fram is not a good filter?? I actually cut one apart 2 weeks ago and didnt see anything wrong with the construction of the filter but im no filter engineer. I'm not opposed to using a Fram filter but i am currious if anyone else is using a Fram filter on there Kubota. I have been buying Kubota filters. I think they run $9-12.
Do you believe everything you read on the internet???:D

Fram makes a "perfectly good"..."consumer grade product". Are their better filters?..Yep. Are there worse filters? Im sure there is. Ive run Frams for YEARS on every vehicle Ive owned EXCEPT my DP motorhome ( FleetGuard filters all around)...and I WONT be using Fram on my Kubota. With its "limited" amount of usage...there's no sense in scrimping on $3-4 for a filter. If..IF I had to change oil every 3rd day or something??? Id run a Fram and wouldnt let it bother me...but at my usage..it will be "about" 2 year increments for filter changes!

I intend on running Kubota branded filters UNTIL I can find a BETTER filter for the same or less $$$.

Im having a hard time finding the right side hyd filter in ANYTHING but Kubota?? My personal preference would be to run FleetGuard filters all around...

/ B2630 Oil Filter #6  
I've always been able to get the proper oil filters for our two Kubotas from NAPA. I think their filters are made by WIX. Sorry I can't help you with a number, our tractors are different models. Interesting, yours takes a 74034, our 3830 takes a 74035, crosses with a NAPA 1311.

/ B2630 Oil Filter #7  
Kubota 70000-74034 crosses to
Wix-51064 or Napa-1064 according to the Wix filter website.