Battery Trickle Charger?

/ Battery Trickle Charger? #1  

Gomer

Silver Member
I was thinking my battery might last a little longer with the proper maintainance.
Does anyone use a trickle charger on theirs?
I was thinking of something like a motorcycle "battery tender" to keep it up to snuff when sitting, but don't know if this is enough as they are around 700 to a 1000 ma.
What do you suggest?

/ Battery Trickle Charger? #2  
I use a battery float charger which is designed to keep 12 volt batteries in top charge without overcharging It has worked well on my B7800 and the weather has been in the -16 range for lows the last few days. I bought mine at Harbor Freight on sale.

/ Battery Trickle Charger? #3  
When low.use DISTILLED water to refil...and when not in use for quite awhile...stick the strickle charger on it. 1/2 amp to 1 1/2 amp...it will do fine.

/ Battery Trickle Charger? #4  
I have about 8 of the Schumacher battery tenders. I have them on everthing from cars and trucks in storage, tractors, my mobile service truck and lawn mowers. One of them is installed in one of my garages to keep 3 new batteries toped off and ready for use and it does a great job. Their small, waterproof and seem to last forever. It turns on and off automatically to keep the batteries fresh.

These are the ones I use.
SE-1-12S - Schumacher Chargers - 877-746-2288 Live Help

They also make a smaller one.
SE-1 - Schumacher Chargers - 877-746-2288 Live Help

/ Battery Trickle Charger? #5  
My favorite is the BatteryMINDer. Desulfates, charges, and maintains.

/ Battery Trickle Charger? #6  
DickS said:

I just bought one, it was a little more $ than I wanted to spend but the technology sold me. Any recomendations ?

/ Battery Trickle Charger? #7  
DieselPower said:
I have about 8 of the Schumacher battery tenders. I have them on everthing from cars and trucks in storage, tractors, my mobile service truck and lawn mowers. One of them is installed in one of my garages to keep 3 new batteries toped off and ready for use and it does a great job. Their small, waterproof and seem to last forever. It turns on and off automatically to keep the batteries fresh.

These are the ones I use.
SE-1-12S - Schumacher Chargers - 877-746-2288 Live Help

I have 4 of those..and they work fine! Wally World DID have them for $22.95

/ Battery Trickle Charger? #8  
DickS said:

I wouldnt trust one to actually "desulfate" a battery! Charge and maintain...yepper...but ya need some higher voltage and higher amps to actually desulfate a battery's plates.

/ Battery Trickle Charger? #9  
At least around here, the Wally World has a black-and-decker 2A "smart" charger for about $18. It's been on my BX since November and seems to do the trick - although the quick disconnect that comes with is too short so you have to leave the grill off.

/ Battery Trickle Charger? #10