Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Battery Trickle Charger?

I was thinking my battery might last a little longer with the proper maintainance.
    Does anyone use a trickle charger on theirs?
    I was thinking of something like a motorcycle "battery tender" to keep it up to snuff when sitting, but don't know if this is enough as they are around 700 to a 1000 ma.
    What do you suggest?

Default Re: Battery Trickle Charger?

I use a battery float charger which is designed to keep 12 volt batteries in top charge without overcharging It has worked well on my B7800 and the weather has been in the -16 range for lows the last few days. I bought mine at Harbor Freight on sale.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030

When low.use DISTILLED water to refil...and when not in use for quite awhile...stick the strickle charger on it. 1/2 amp to 1 1/2 amp...it will do fine.
    Kubota B3030 with 40 amp alternator kit; LA403 FEL; 60 inch backblade; sub-soiler; ballast box; EzMover hitch; Payne clamp-on bucket forks; a HD set of smaller discs and a 60" landscape rake with dolly wheels
    Hobart HH210 Mig welder

Tractor
    JD 3020, JD 4230, JD 7410, JD 2440, MF 750, NH LS170

I have about 8 of the Schumacher battery tenders. I have them on everthing from cars and trucks in storage, tractors, my mobile service truck and lawn mowers. One of them is installed in one of my garages to keep 3 new batteries toped off and ready for use and it does a great job. Their small, waterproof and seem to last forever. It turns on and off automatically to keep the batteries fresh.

These are the ones I use.
    SE-1-12S - Schumacher Chargers - 877-746-2288 Live Help

They also make a smaller one.
    SE-1 - Schumacher Chargers - 877-746-2288 Live Help

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 265, Kubota BX24

My favorite is the BatteryMINDer. Desulfates, charges, and maintains.

Tractor
    Kubota L series

Quote Originally Posted by DickS
    I just bought one, it was a little more $ than I wanted to spend but the technology sold me. Any recomendations ?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030

Quote Originally Posted by DieselPower
    I have about 8 of the Schumacher battery tenders. I have them on everthing from cars and trucks in storage, tractors, my mobile service truck and lawn mowers. One of them is installed in one of my garages to keep 3 new batteries toped off and ready for use and it does a great job. Their small, waterproof and seem to last forever. It turns on and off automatically to keep the batteries fresh.

These are the ones I use.
    SE-1-12S - Schumacher Chargers - 877-746-2288 Live Help
    I have 4 of those..and they work fine! Wally World DID have them for $22.95
    Kubota B3030 with 40 amp alternator kit; LA403 FEL; 60 inch backblade; sub-soiler; ballast box; EzMover hitch; Payne clamp-on bucket forks; a HD set of smaller discs and a 60" landscape rake with dolly wheels
    Hobart HH210 Mig welder

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3030

Quote Originally Posted by DickS
    I wouldnt trust one to actually "desulfate" a battery! Charge and maintain...yepper...but ya need some higher voltage and higher amps to actually desulfate a battery's plates.
    Hobart HH210 Mig welder

Tractor
    BX2350

At least around here, the Wally World has a black-and-decker 2A "smart" charger for about $18. It's been on my BX since November and seems to do the trick - although the quick disconnect that comes with is too short so you have to leave the grill off.

Tractor
    Kubota BX 2200

Best deal is u have a Harbor Freight Store near by, $7.49 and sometimes less then $5. Been using one for 3 years now on the 73 Caddy, works great.

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

I also use one of these solar units on the BX since I have no power in the shed. Battery is from 02, still working.

Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
    AKA Tom
    #28 World Series Champions for the Yankees in 2014
    Kubota BX 2200, FEL, 60" MMM with Gator Blades, 48" Kioti Aerator, M96 Herd Seeder, W.R. Long Tooth Bar, 48" First Choice Tiller, Kubota BX 2750 Front Snowblower, Sims Cab, MacKissic Chipper TPH 122, Carry All, Canopy, and Weight Box

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast