Looking for some Ideas on a Hook for front end loader on Kubota L4400

/ Looking for some Ideas on a Hook for front end loader on Kubota L4400 #1  

cmharcou

Everytime I go to pick something up on the loader I have to wrap the chain around the bucket. I was looking for some ideas to bolt or weld a hook or something to the front bucket. Do you guys have any good ideas that works well?

/ Looking for some Ideas on a Hook for front end loader on Kubota L4400 #2  
I don't have a hook on my bucket but I do have a ring welded inside that I can hook a chain to. This arrangement allows me to lift heavy objects very near to the loader arms for maximum lift capacity when the bucket is curled down. I can also lift things more forward when the bucket is curled back. I got the ring at a truck equipment shop. They are normally used as tie down rings on truck and trailer beds. The location that I have it welded to is very strong since it is at the bends in the back side of the bucket. I don't expect to ever damage the bucket this way. One of these days I also plan to weld some chain hooks on the top lip in the location on the loader arms. A simple peice of 1/4" angle iron about three inches wide welded to the lip and the back edge of the bucket should be enough reinforcement to keep the lip from bending. Others have done that as well as welding a piece of angle iron along the entire top lip of the bucket and then welded 3 or more hooks along the top. Lot's of ways it can be done. It is very helpful to have a place to connect a chain to your bucket as it sounds like you have found out. Good luck.

Attachments

• P1010005 (Small).JPG
    P1010005 (Small).JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 894
  • P1010010 (Small).JPG
    P1010010 (Small).JPG
    39 KB · Views: 715
   / Looking for some Ideas on a Hook for front end loader on Kubota L4400 #3  
A couple of inexpensive weld-on grab hooks are what most people put on the bucket. They can be strategically placed just about anywhere.

AW-Direct grab hooks

Attachments

• hook mounting.jpg
    hook mounting.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 846
   / Looking for some Ideas on a Hook for front end loader on Kubota L4400 #4  
Thanks for the link, Mad. I also like the looks of the chain latch that they show on their homepage.

/ Looking for some Ideas on a Hook for front end loader on Kubota L4400 #5  
This is what I've got. The first pic shows the center hook the dealer mounted on angle iron. I like the angle but dislike the style and position of the hook and plan on changing it. The outside two I just put on. They're good for up to 3/8" chain and with the loop on the back, good for small rope or s-hooks. They are just generic grab hooks from a Ace Hardware. I ground a small flat on the back and tacked them on. My welding skills are still amateur-ish but I enjoy the practice.

Attachments

• 100_0479 (975 x 731).jpg
    100_0479 (975 x 731).jpg
    93 KB · Views: 871
  • 100_0481 (975 x 731).jpg
    100_0481 (975 x 731).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 637
   / Looking for some Ideas on a Hook for front end loader on Kubota L4400 #6  
MadReferee said:
A couple of inexpensive weld-on grab hooks are what most people put on the bucket. They can be strategically placed just about anywhere.

http://www.awdirect.com/awdirect/finditem.cfm?itemid=19912

Mad . I DO SOOOOO love that grapple. But I've never seen the Drott 4n1 here .. have you ever posted pics of it?

How far from the Maine border r ya?

/ Looking for some Ideas on a Hook for front end loader on Kubota L4400 #7  
   / Looking for some Ideas on a Hook for front end loader on Kubota L4400 #8  
I'm doing the same thing right now. Ordered some weld-on grab hooks & chain-slots from AW-Direct and purchased a bar of flat-stock steel (1/2"x4"x57"). I don't have a welder, so I'm having someone else weld it for me, then I am going to bolt it to my bucket. I have been taking some pictures as the project progresses and will post later. The parts were dropped-off yesterday to the welder. kind of wnet over-kill with 4 hooks and 3 chain slots, I figured too much is better than not enough. It will give me more places for adjustments to level-out loads.

/ Looking for some Ideas on a Hook for front end loader on Kubota L4400 #9  
I welded a couple hooks on and used angle for reinforcement in a different way. Works for me...

Attachments

• Kubota Hooks 004 (600 x 399).jpg
    Kubota Hooks 004 (600 x 399).jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 735
  • Kubota Hooks 003 (600 x 399).jpg
    Kubota Hooks 003 (600 x 399).jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 518
   / Looking for some Ideas on a Hook for front end loader on Kubota L4400 #10  
own a L4400.......I welded my chain hooks on top of the bucket, even with the hydraulic rams. (2) I welded a piece of plate from the top lip of the bucket towards the rams.....to reenforce that lip.......I would take a photo...but it's raining....I use these hooks all the time..