grease fitting on loader

/ grease fitting on loader #1  

trotter13

My grease fitting insn't accepting grease does it screw out so it can be replaced?

/ grease fitting on loader #2  
The fittings on my LA211 Loader are screw type. I had to replace one of them because it did not match the other nine.

One word of caution if plan on removing them make sure you take your time you DO NOT want one to break off. If you are not sure check with your local dealer.

/ grease fitting on loader #3  
trotter13, they should unscrew pretty easily, if you have a small enough wrench to fit.

/ grease fitting on loader #4  
IT SHOULD UNSCREW , just be careful, and make sure u replace it with the popper one, see your dealer.

/ grease fitting on loader #5  
I replaced one of mine. I bought the replacement from TSC. Works fine now.

Good Luck.

Paul

/ grease fitting on loader #6  
I forgot to tell you I used a pair of needle nose vice grips to remove/replace it.

Paul

/ grease fitting on loader #7  
I had several on my loader and mower deck that would not accept grease. I pulled them out, and most of them had paint over the little ball in the middle of the zerk. After cleaning, all but 2 would take grease. I replaced the other 2 with new ones, and they all work fine now. I went to an auto parts store, and found that they had 2 sizes, mine were the larger size. You can use a sharp knife blade to chip the paint away from the ball and face of the zerk.
Joe W.

/ grease fitting on loader #8  
Make your dealer at least give you new zircs. It was supposed to be his job to make sure all of the zircs were greased after he assembled the unit. It's even on the checklist that Kubota sends with the unit to be filled out by the dealer for warranty. The fact that there was paint over them or that they wouldn't take grease says they didn't do their job.

/ grease fitting on loader #9  
Charlie hit it right on the head! While you can remove the paint easily by poking the ball with an awl they obviously didn't grease it. As an aside they make a nifty little tool that you load with grease, put on nthe zirk and tap with a hammer to free up stubborn fittings. COurse once you get grease in and do it regularly you shouldn't have any more problems

/ grease fitting on loader #10  
May be a tight joint/pressure?

Just a thought....Most of mine are really easy to push grease into...especially the worn ones. But there are two (on the 4-in-1 loader bucket) that are really tough (requires a little more "elbow grease") because there is less wear there and the original gap is much narrower. I also found that if you have pressure on the joint (against the point at which the grease is injected), it is tougher. So it may not be the zerc at all.