Kubota L1500 "back in baby's arms"

/ Kubota L1500 "back in baby's arms" #1  

watgad

Tractor
Kubota L1500
I brought Kubota home today. Mechanic installed new glow plugs and machine is starting right up. I even puttered around on her on my land. Thanks to everyone for their opinions and advice. More thanks for not berating me for making a rookie mistake. I was prepared for the worst but pleased with the result. Now I am back to continuing my maintenance that I think this machine needs. I snapped some pictures of what I think is the transfer case. I want to change this fluid. Is the hex head cap screw on the side the fill line Pictures 10 & 12)?

Thanks again everyone!!
Watgad

Attachments

• MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 898
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 856
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 988
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 472
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 769
   / Kubota L1500 "back in baby's arms" #2  
Glad it's back working!

Apropos the oil - the filler is the obvious, but the level is usually set via a dipstick. I can see one near the gear shift. As far as I know, there is only one oil source for the gearbox, hydraulics and "transfer case". My little B7100 takes 10 odd litres of oil - you need oil that does hydraulics too. There is a bazillion postings about what to use elsewhere in the forum - I just use Kubota UDT. Draining the oil on my B7100 involves undoing the bottom bolt on the rear axle drive casings (both sides). I'd assume the L series is similar. The operators manual is handy for showing these!

There should also be a giant (mine is 26mm) bolt holding a banjo fitting that feeds hydraulic oil to the FEL or whatever you might have. You need to remove this bolt and clean the filter sleeve on it when you have dropped the gearbox oil. The hydraulic pump on the smaller Kubotas is on the rear of the injector pump, tracing the pipe work is pretty straight forward. Removing the filter bolt on mine involves removing the right hand rear wheel - there isn't enough clearance to withdraw the bolt with the wheel in place :(

Happy maintaining!

/Kevin

/ Kubota L1500 "back in baby's arms"
Thanks for the info Kevin.

Watgad

/ Kubota L1500 "back in baby's arms" #4  
Do you have a manual for this tractor? You might be able to find one at Tractor Smart:

TractorSmart home page

Thanks George. I e-mailed my info to tractor smart.

Watgad

Tractor smart sent me a parts manual. Where can I obtain an operating/service manual?

Watgad

/ Kubota L1500 "back in baby's arms" #7  
Try Messick's, they are cheaper than my dealer for some reason and they're supposed to be real Kubota manuals from what I've read in the forums.