B7610 not starting

/ B7610 not starting #1  

JHohler

Tractor
Kubota B7610
I have a B7610 which I am very satisfied with unless it's not starting. This occures totally random and not very often. After I use the tractor for a couple hours and I have to turn it off for some reason, I can not start it back up again. When I turn the key, there is dead silence. The tractor will not start. Eventually, after I moving every lever and pedal on the tractor I can start it back up again.
Any suggestions?

/ B7610 not starting #2  
Ck the clutch pedal's micro switch. It could be sticking or defective

/ B7610 not starting #3  
It sure sounds like a switch. It may just need adjusting. Try moving each thing and then starting until you find which one it is.

The clutch is the prime suspect. But there may be another.

/ B7610 not starting #4  
JHohler said:
I have a B7610 which I am very satisfied with unless it's not starting. This occures totally random and not very often. After I use the tractor for a couple hours and I have to turn it off for some reason, I can not start it back up again. When I turn the key, there is dead silence. The tractor will not start. Eventually, after I moving every lever and pedal on the tractor I can start it back up again.
Any suggestions?

Your 7610 has a few interlock switches:

- two seat switches
one senses the operator's weight
the other senses whether the seat is tilted or upright
- a clutch pedal switch
- a gear shift switch
- one or more pto lever switches

These switches are part of what Kubota calls the "operator presence controller".

There's also a "key stop timer" that operates and controls the fuel cutoff solenoid. This time holds the fuel cutoff signal for about 10 seconds under the following two conditions:

Condition #1:
Seat switch #1 OFF (seat vacant)
Gear shift engaged
PTO lever either in neutral or engaged
Seat switch #2 ON (seat tilted) or OFF (seat upright)

Condition #2:
Seat switch #1 OFF (seat vacant)
Gear shift in neutral
PTO lever engaged
Seat switch #2 OFF (seat upright)

Sounds like at least part of the problem may be that you inadvertently activated the key stop timer.

/ B7610 not starting #5  
I also agree that it sounds like one of your safety interlocks.But if all else fails, check the key switch.I had a car one time that would shut off for no
aparent reason.I looked at everything i could think of.Finally out of desperation i replaced the ignition switch.Thats what it was.The contacts inside were just plain wore out and were not making contact,so no juice to the starter solenoid,and the starter wouldnt turn the engine over.It would also kill the ignition.Of course that was a gas engine but the basic starting system(except for spark) is the same.Thats something else you might check,the starter solenoid.Whatever it is let us know when you find out,i have a B7610 too!!!

/ B7610 not starting #6  
Try rocking the FWD and Reverse Pedal, if it's not exactly in the middle it won't let you start. This is what I run into most often when my 7510 won't start.

/ B7610 not starting #7  
I have run into this a couple of times with my 7610 and the pto lever was bumpted where it was the culprit.

Hagman
B7610 w/Fel, MMM & Box Blade

/ B7610 not starting #8  
I did the little dance routine on my 7610 twice today. Once it was the PTO lever that got bumped when getting off the tractor and once it was the positioning of the FWD/REV pedal. Every time I have to go through the routine I feel like I have OCD. And when ever I go out tractoring I always make sure that the stove is off, and I know the stove is off because burner #1 is off...#2 is off....#3 is off........

/ B7610 not starting #9  
JHohler -

I looked up all the safety switches in my B7610 Work Shop Manual once for someone with a similar problem - here's a link to the thread:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/79161-power-take-off-opc.html

As I mentioned in the thread - I seem to inadvertently bump the PTO lever from time to time while getting on / off - and I always have to take a few calming breaths - then recheck everything. (I certainly got a lump in my throat the first time I turned the key...and *nothing*...)

Hope that helps,

Dan

/ B7610 not starting
Thanks for all the usefull tips. I think in my case it is the forward/reverse pedal that's not always in the neutral position. I guess I have to memorize a little checklist to go through for the next time this happens.