3030 axle extensions

/ 3030 axle extensions #1  

CWB

Tractor
B3030, BX25
I'm looking for a little more stability for my 3030 when working on hills. Is is possible to get axle extensions to increase the rear wheel wheelbase? Is this likely to be effective?

/ 3030 axle extensions #2  
CWB, a company called Unverferth makes wheel extensions for just about any tractor, if they are not stock extensions they will fabricate custom ones for you. You can just about get anything you want. The stock extensions are not too bad price wise,but custom ones run about double the price. Go to their web site. unverferth.com and do a dealer search for your area and then contact that dealer about info and pricing. Here are some pics of the 4 inch extensions I had made for my JD 3520. The extensions are extremely well made and held to very close tollerances. It made a huge difference in the lateral stability of my tractor.

Unverferth wheel extensions- 4 inch
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q259/dirtworksequip/unverferth wheel extensions/P1010649.jpg

Wheel extensions mounted on tractor axle.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q259/dirtworksequip/unverferth wheel extensions/P1010654.jpg

/ 3030 axle extensions #3  
Somewhere in the owners manual ( cant remember where exactyly I read it) it states "DO NOT" extend the rear wheels. Why this is ??..I have no idea...but I do remember reading it.

/ 3030 axle extensions #4  
I too wanted more stability on hills with my B3030. I bought a set of rear wheel extensions, part #B8785, from my Kubota dealer. They cost $205, and extend each rear wheel 2.5 inches. The kit included everything needed to install the extensions...new wheel studs, washers, nuts, and of course the extensions themselves. My only difficulty putting them on was getting a couple of the original wheel studs removed from the axle flange, but thru mechanical persuasion, and a lot of swearing they finally broke loose. As an additional benefit, the extensions allowed me to put chains on my rear wheels for work in snow and ice. (The is absolutely no room for chains w/o the extensions.)

/ 3030 axle extensions #5  
Sully2 makes point.

The further you extend the wheels from the bearings, the more stress you put on them

/ 3030 axle extensions #6  
Sounds like time to say bye-bye to bearings, Think about this, more stress on bearings = not a good thing.
This is kinda like holding a gallon bucket at arms length verses at elbow length.
Jim:)

Last edited:
   / 3030 axle extensions #7  
might null the warranty

/ 3030 axle extensions #8  
My JD dealer told me not to bring it in with the wheel extensions on if I was in need of warranty work. Just a friendly suggestion. I've not had any issues or problems yet, but only time will tell.

/ 3030 axle extensions #9  
Also I figured it was cheaper to take a chance with the wheel extensions and on some extra bearing wear than to have $25,000 laying on its side.

/ 3030 axle extensions #10  
CWB said:
I'm looking for a little more stability for my 3030 when working on hills. Is is possible to get axle extensions to increase the rear wheel wheelbase? Is this likely to be effective?
I have had a set of spacers on my B2910 for 6 years with no problems. Got them from a dealer.
Kubota now has a new number for them 70000-60112 Wheel Spacer. I checked the number at TractorSmart. Hope the $320 price is for 2 spacers. I needed the spacer to allow clearance for chains on turf tires.