B3030 SNOWBLOWER PROBLEM ??????

/ B3030 SNOWBLOWER PROBLEM ?????? #1  

botamoose

I HAVE A FRIEND THAT HAS A B3030 WITH A 63" SNOWBLOWER, THIS IS ALL NEW. THE SNOWBLOWER IS ONLY THROWING THE SNOW ABOUT 10 FEET AT PTO RPM'S. EVERYTHING SEEMS ALL OK BUT HOW FAR SHOULD IT THROW IT?

/ B3030 SNOWBLOWER PROBLEM ?????? #2  
my little toro single stage gas snow shovel throws it further than 10 ft.. I would say something is definitely wrong!!!

/ B3030 SNOWBLOWER PROBLEM ?????? #3  
The throw distance depends on a number of factors. The most important is the condition of the snow. Even a good snowlower won't throw wet slush very far. Next is the tip velocity of the impeller blades. The gap between the impeller blades and the housing also affects the throw. The desirable length of throw depends on the circumstances - urban vs. rural. A 100 foot throw would not normally be a good thing in a developed area but OK in an undeveloped area. As an example a snowblower with a 20 inch impeller turning at 540rpm has a tip velocity of about 2850 feet/min which should give about a 40 foot throw in dry snow.

/ B3030 SNOWBLOWER PROBLEM ?????? #4  
So is the snow wet and heavy? FYI, typing in all caps is the equivalent TO SHOUTING ON THE INTERNET.

/ B3030 SNOWBLOWER PROBLEM ??????
THE SNOW IS DRY AND LIGHT.

/ B3030 SNOWBLOWER PROBLEM ?????? #6  
Just wondering if it is the front mount snowblower or a rear mount blower. Front mount operates off from the mid PTO at 2500 RPM. The rear mount normally is operated at 540 RPM.

If the snow is light and dry it should be putting it way out there for sure.

/ B3030 SNOWBLOWER PROBLEM ?????? #7  
Have you tried playing with the position of the deflector on the end of the chute to change the trajectory of the snow as it comes out? I was just trying my used ( 10 yr old) 60" for the first time yesterday. I didn't measure the throw distance but I'm pretty sure it was more than 10 ft at 2000 rpm.(I get 540 at 2600). Today I tried it at 540 and it definitely threw farther but probably less than 40 ft. My fan 20" and has 1/4" gap between blades and housing which from what I've read on TBN may not be ideal.I would think your brand new one should be better than that.(if you're not blowing into a stong wind:D )

/ B3030 SNOWBLOWER PROBLEM ?????? #8  
Dry and light snow will not blow well either unless the blower is being "crowded", that is, kept full of snow by driving faster. An inch or two of dry, light snow is not enough to keep the fan full if you are driving at a slow ground speed. Snowblowers work best when the snow has some moisture in it. Too little or too much is not a good thing. That is the problem IMHO.

/ B3030 SNOWBLOWER PROBLEM ?????? #9  
Botamoose,

You didn't say what the engine RPMs were, they should be around 2500 RPM to get the PTO & blower up to opperating speed.

ONLY with the engine OFF check that the blower impeller & auger shear pins are intact.

The equipment is new so your friendly Kubota dealer should be willing to check it out for you.

Good luck & stay warm

/ B3030 SNOWBLOWER PROBLEM ??????
OK THANKS EVERYONE. WE FOUND THE TROUBLE WE HAD TO SET ONE OF THE AUGERS 180 DEG OUT OF PHASE WITH THE OTHER ONE. THIS WAS CAUSING THE SHOOT TO CLOG UP.